Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13-3 in every other round of a tournament.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yaa, but aren't 3 of those Andy's losses in AO finals? That should hurt a lot.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Indeed, truly disgusting for a player of No1e's caliber...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yaa, but aren't 3 of those Andy's losses in AO finals? That should hurt a lot.
Yep, 2 of Novaks are Slam finals too, the US Open and Wimbledon.

Djoker 3-2 in slam finals.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
We've had a Djokovic-Mugray FO SF, but we need it in the F. That would be something for 2016, a first time FO champ in either one and at the expense of Rogie, Rafa, Wawrinka, Nishikori, etc.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yep, 2 of Novaks are Slam finals too, the US Open and Wimbledon.

Djoker 3-2 in slam finals.
True, but going through the field time and again to be stopped by the same opponent at the same tournament every year should feel worse than sporadic losses at other equally prestigious tournaments. Also, it's a bit different when the losses are coming at a tournament one has never won (Novak already won both the Wimbledon and USO once before those losses).

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
And Djokovic goes up 2-0 against Fed in Wimbledon finals. We know who he bends over to, and who he plays 150% against.

·
Administrator
6,176 Posts
Well it makes some sense, as finals are clearly matches where both are in decent form and likely fairly high ranked, so each could be capable of taking out the other, where as if they meet in earlier rounds obviously one of them (obviously Murray most of the time) must be lower ranked, and so may or may not be in good form. So you've got periods like 2014 where a poor Murray met Djokovic in a bunch of QFs, or 2007 when Djokovic surged ahead of Murray before Murray somewhat caught up in 2008. Plus, Murray has a very good record in masters finals and has played Djokovic in a few of them.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
The fact that this is a point of resonance for Murray fans really speaks to the inferiority complex they have.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,516 Posts
This stat is blatantly wrong.

Just off the top of my head I can tell you that Djokovic has defeated Murray 7 times in finals:

1) Australian Open - 3 times
2) Miami - 2 times
3) Indian Wells - 1 time
4) Shanghai - 1 time

On the other hand Murray's finals victories that I recall against Djokovic is at 6.

So, 7 > 6.

Without even getting in to all the other numbers that apply to these two's respective achievements, please get your facts straight before trolling next time.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
tennisfan3 is the tennis_commentat from the Djokovic fan base. :lol:

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
And Slade crying about Federer in every thread related to Djokovic. :spit:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

·
Registered
27,267 Posts
Funny how I've never seen Slade complain about Djokovic playing at 500% versus Nadal.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts

Just off the top of my head I can tell you that Djokovic has defeated Murray 7 times in finals:

2) Miami - 2 times
3) Indian Wells - 1 time
4) Shanghai - 1 time

On the other hand Murray's finals victories that I recall against Djokovic is at 5.

So, 7 > 5.

Without even getting in to all the other numbers that apply to these two's respective achievements, please get your facts straight before trolling next time.
I think you are thinking of the IW 2007 SF. Murray has only made 1 final at IW and was humped by Nadal.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts

2) Miami - 2 times
3) Indian Wells - 1 time
4) Shanghai - 1 time

On the other hand Murray's finals victories that I recall against Djokovic is at 5.

So, 7 > 5.

It's 6-6 after this final. Djokovic beat Murray twice in SFs at Indian Wells but not in the finals.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts