Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Bookies don't make odds, people do. The line follows the money.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Fake, everything you wrote.

Novak wasn't the favorite in 2011.
Federer was bookies favorite more than 5 times.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
It´s easy Murray didn´t have best season so far, only RG was bright spot and Novak is the most consistent one - not going down in R1 or R2 that´s why he is biggest favorit, but odds will chance in later stages. I know he was biggest favorit last year and probably 2012 too but 2011? not so sure, i think still Roger - Rafa were No.1 and No.2? have someone odds from 2011 pre-Wimbledon?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He's been the bookies favourite for most slams recently. People are the ones who do the betting, not the bookies themselves.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
He's losing so many GS finals, he's bound to win at least ONE in near future, no?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
He's going to lose in the final, Murray is praying he gets drawn in Rafas half and he loses before the SF then Murray gets to face mentally fragile Novak in another slam final at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bookies don't make odds, people do. The line follows the money.
So you say people more believe that djokovic will win Wimbledon now,

then in the past Federer vs Hewitt and Roddick :worship:

even though noone can remember when was the last Slam he has won,

some smart people obvious

·
Registered
9,005 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Did someone remember please 2011 Wimbledon and RG? if Rafa was favorit at RG with all those losses to Novak and what about Wimby, also Murray was favorit in Australia 2009 ? i remember even Federer being asked this i think in press conference and he laughed about it

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andre♥;23062169 said:
I believe Federer was the bookies favourite at least from 2004 to 2010. Not sure about 2003 (maybe Roddick?) and 2011 (maybe Nadal).

EDIT: 2003's favourite was Roddick

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon/2406473/Wimbledon-Odds-Roddick-the-pick-for-mens-title.html
i forgot Nadeal didn't play 2009, 2010 no way Federer was favorite,

at 2008 i was betting on Nadal in final it was 1.60,

so nevertheless, djokovic will remain favorite for the next 5 years, even though he never wins it :yawn:

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
He's going to lose in the final, Murray is praying he gets drawn in Rafas half and he loses before the SF then Murray gets to face mentally fragile Novak in another slam final at Wimbledon.
prefer he loses to rafa in the final in a epic than beats chokovic in 3 tbh, there is no honour is that anymore

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
i forgot Nadeal didn't play 2009, 2010 no way Federer was favorite,

at 2008 i was betting on Nadal in final it was 1.60,

so nevertheless, djokovic will remain favorite for the next 5 years, even though he never wins it :yawn:
Federer opened @1.80 in the 2008 final. Final odds were Federer @1,571 / Nadal @2,570 (Pinnacle odds)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did someone remember please 2011 Wimbledon and RG? if Rafa was favorit at RG with all those losses to Novak and what about Wimby, also Murray was favorit in Australia 2009 ? i remember even Federer being asked this i think in press conference and he laughed about it
Novak was favorite in Wimbledon but were even with Rafa for RG same as this year(even it was year with 0 losses),

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Will be a very disgusting Wimbledon if Rafa is not winning because Pusher on Grass/Fraud/ATP Wozniacki will be winning.
Don't mind seeing a dark horse winning though.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Btw I would be shocked if Nadal wins Wimbledon this year. Him being able to bend his knees on grass this year would be a massive improvement from last year.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Andre♥;23062457 said:
Federer opened @1.80 in the 2008 final. Final odds were Federer @1,571 / Nadal @2,570 (Pinnacle odds)
i didn't bet online, bookies are smart they didn't knock down odds in the final for nothing

we need pre wimbledon odds,

odds just after 6:0 6:1 6:3, if you know what i mean,

there's no bookie on this planet who would favor federer

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
i didn't bet online, bookies are smart they didn't knock down odds in the final for nothing

we need pre wimbledon odds,

odds just after 6:0 6:1 6:3, if you know what i mean,

there's no bookie on this planet who would favor federer
http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/85417-wimbledon-2008/

Right after the RG final: Federer @1,91 to win Wimbledon outright. Nadal @9,00

Do you really think the bookies would make 0-time Wimbledon champion Nadal as the outright favourite over the 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 Wimbledon champion? :lol:

EDIT: Nadal wasn't respected as a good grass player at the time. After crushing Federer in the RG final, he was barely a favourite to beat Roddick in Queen's and he was the underdog against Djokovic in the Queen's final.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Murray is a mess right now. Rafa has been useless on grass for two years. Federer needs a miracle draw.

Novak is the top choice even if it doesn't seem logical.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Djokovic is the favourite by default indeed.

Murray not physically at 100% yet, Nadal a mess on grass and can't bend his knees on the surface (at least he couldn't last year), Federer always ending up losing to some random top 10 player in the QF, Del Potro injured, Tsonga very far from his best, Berdych always screwing up somewhere, Wawrinka slumping a bit and not a great grass courter...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts