Mens Tennis Forums banner

Best season?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic this year is working on a year to match the top 3 in the Open Era if he can sustain his level

Through Monte Carlo:

Djokovic 15- Doha QF, AO W, Dubai F, 1 DC win, IW, Miami, and MC win, 30-2, 1 slam, 3 Master 1000

Djokovic 11- AO W, Dubai W, IW and Miami W, skipped DC, skipped Monte-Carlo, 24-0

Federer 2006- Doha W, AO W, Dubai F, IW/Miami W, MC F, 1 slam, 2 Master 1000, 1 MM, 2 finals

Laver 1969- Sydney final, lost 10-12 in fifth, AO W, Auckland F, Philly W, Miami F, Oakland F, LA W, South African Open (slam level at the time) W, 24-4, 4 titles, 4 finals

Who is best so far? And who will end up as best?

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Lol at Fedtards massively and blindly voting for 2006. It is clearly 2011, with 2015 having potential to be even bigger, but Novak needs to win 3 + slams.

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Lol at Fedtards massively and blindly voting for 2006. It is clearly 2011, with 2015 having potential to be even bigger, but Novak needs to win 3 + slams.
I'm speaking with facts, not ideas.
If Fed 2011 can routine Novak 2011 at RG and almost routine him at Us Open, sure as hell Fed 06 would do the same and he actually wouldn't choke in the Us Open semifinal.

I'm not even going to mention Wimbledon because the gap is too big to even compare it. It would be something like 6-2 6-4 6-2.

·
Your visions will happen
48,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Fed 06 would straight set Djokovic 2015 and Laver 69 everywhere. Would beat Djokovic 2011 in 4 sets everywhere.

/Thread.
Fed 06 was himself getting straight setted by baby Murphy, and losing sets to plenty of people so just stop

For me, it is Laver 69 unless Djoko 15 wins all 4

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
If Fed 2011 can routine Novak 2011 at RG and almost routine him at Us Open, sure as hell Fed 06 would do the same and he actually wouldn't choke in the Us Open semifinal.

I'm not even going to mention Wimbledon because the gap is too big to even compare it. It would be something like 6-2 6-4 6-2.
If Novak 2007 can rotine Federer 2007 in Montreal and if Djokovic 2008 can routine Federer 2008 in AO, sure as hell Novak 2011 would do the same and he actually wouldn't choke in the USO final 2007.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
How about we wait to see how to rest of the year turns out. I remember after 2013 Monte Carlo final (Djokovic beat Nadal to end the spaniards streak of wins in MC), people were saying Djokovic would win CYGS. No only that didn't happen but Djokovic didn't win another major untill Wimbledon 2014!

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
If Novak 2007 can rotine Federer 2007 in Montreal and if Djokovic 2008 can routine Federer 2008 in AO, sure as hell Novak 2011 would do the same and he actually wouldn't choke in the USO final 2007.
What are you? Blind?

Montreal? 2007? 2008? What the hell?
We are talking about what matters here, Slams. And we are talking about Fed 2006, not 2007. It's like comparing Djokovic 2011 to 2012.

And again, comparing Us Open final 2007 choke to Us Open semis choke 2011... pls just go, just go.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Nole couldn't even reach all slam finals nor win the YEC yet his season is better than Fed's? :spit:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Federer in the 2004-2007 never seemed to care as much about the Masters. It was all about the slams for him. A simple check would show you that he missed about 8-10 Masters in that 4 year period IIRC and there were at least a couple of tanks in there(including the aforementioned Murray match). You can't win 3 slams/year and also clean up the Masters, it is one or the other. That is why Faker cleans up Masters and is about level with Federer now but is closer to the average MTF poster in number of GS than he is to Federer.

Ironically, Federer seems to be giving it his all in Masters now(and has been for a while). Maybe his diminished prowess at slams has something to do with that.

This Faker hype train will derail very soon. He's not winning another slam this year. RG will be the sweetest chokejob :) I really hope he cleans up every tournament till RG. Will make it that much sweeter.

·
Premium Member
8,399 Posts
How about we wait to see how to rest of the year turns out. I remember after 2013 Monte Carlo final (Djokovic beat Nadal to end the spaniards streak of wins in MC), people were saying Djokovic would win CYGS. No only that didn't happen but Djokovic didn't win another major untill Wimbledon 2014!
It would be great if that happens again.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
[email protected] Federer in Montreal 2007. He won two 7-6 sets and lost a set 6-2 or something. This against a Federer who never cared about Masters as much as slams. No wonder when they met weeks later at the USO 2007, Roger spanked Novak in straights.

2008 Federer AO had mono. Only blind Djokotards refuse to admit that.

30 year old Federer was a MP away from going 2-1 vs Faker in his absolute peak year. Do you think 2017 Djoker would even stand a chance against 2006 Federer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heck at 32-33, Federer is leading the H2H 4-3 since 2014 and don't tell me he lost the most important match because on that measure Nadal is 4-0* vs Faker.

The only reason Djokovic is 6-6 with Federer at slams is because Djokovic played 5 setters with Federer when Federer was aged 29, 30 and 33 respectively. Otherwise that would read 9-3 to Federer just like the Nadal-Djokovic slam HTH including the mono 2008 match and 31 year old Federer at RG match.

Reactions: Waz and IBM

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
Who is best so far? And who will end up as best?
I've assumed the poll refers to this question, in which case it's Djokovic 2015. Best start to a season so far. Djokovic's 2011 was next best up to this point, and has the advantage of going undefeated, but by Djokovic playing and winning Monte Carlo this year unlike 2011 he has surpassed it.

As for which will end up the best, obviously we can't say but I'm not sure whether Djokovic 2015 will surpass either of the other three. It's possible he could win CYGS or 3 slams and even better results, but despite an amazing start he is only at one slam so far, so the biggest part of the task is still ahead.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts

Predicting your favorite to win in a hypothetical match is now considered a fact? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
858 Posts
Fraud 2006 was far from unstoppable. Guy needed some epic choke from bald weak era clown muggydenko and gassed 20 years old challenger player to win AO, at Wim also relied on his stamina and opponent's choke when Rafa was serving for second set, even clown Roddick had a chance in that USO final with some massive choking in 3rd set of the final (wasting like million bp's)...Again: gassed challenger level youngster, muggydenko, 15 years old rafa in one of his first grass tournaments, post-prime frauddick. And fraud needed a choke from them :superlol:

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Another cycle of baby arguments. I think its close between peak Federer and peak Djokovic on any surface, except on AO which Djokovic will comfortable straight set Federer. Having said that I believe Laver should never be compared to the likes of Djokovic and Federer, more like an honourable mention.

·
Banned
923 Posts
[email protected] Federer in Montreal 2007. He won two 7-6 sets and lost a set 6-2 or something. This against a Federer who never cared about Masters as much as slams. No wonder when they met weeks later at the USO 2007, Roger spanked Novak in straights.

2008 Federer AO had mono. Only blind Djokotards refuse to admit that.

30 year old Federer was a MP away from going 2-1 vs Faker in his absolute peak year. Do you think 2017 Djoker would even stand a chance against 2006 Federer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heck at 32-33, Federer is leading the H2H 4-3 since 2014 and don't tell me he lost the most important match because on that measure Nadal is 4-0* vs Faker.

The only reason Djokovic is 6-6 with Federer at slams is because Djokovic played 5 setters with Federer when Federer was aged 29, 30 and 33 respectively. Otherwise that would read 9-3 to Federer just like the Nadal-Djokovic slam HTH including the mono 2008 match and 31 year old Federer at RG match.
You're a rationalist after my own soul.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
It's too early to put Djoker 2015 with those three GOAT years. If he sustains this level then yes, but I don't think it will happen. We will see. It's already a great year anyway.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Nole couldn't even reach all slam finals nor win the YEC yet his season is better than Fed's? :spit:
Djokovic got routined in wtf losing all his matches.. after USO 2011 he burned out and was completly useless.. as I said for me Nadal 2010 was better than nole 2011... winning 3 slams in a row (in 3 different surfaces) during the samw calendar year and reaching the wtf final.at the end of the season.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts