Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
You are too credulous. Even if he did throw a compliment or two, he also mixed them with insults. Example: "Not impressed with Djokovic" "Highlight of his career". Those were totally unnecessary, demeaning, and simply rude. You know, given the animosity between these players - in addition to what many others claim they heard him say - it is probably all but certain that the words were said. These two don't like one another. When they play each other, they are more motivated than usual to win. There is no love lost between the two.
Soon, Federer would talk about Djokovic's powerful and offensive shots & mindset when they played each other at slams, and about the lack of it when he was answering similar questions about another tennis prodigy, seven days older than Novak .

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Soon, Federer would talk about Djokovic's powerful and offensive shots & mindset when they play each other and the lack of it when he was talking about Murray.
Federer strongly dislikes Djokovic (feeling is mutual, I am sure) and has for a very long time. Here is a quote from Djokovic's father about an incident from 2006:

"He attacked Novak at the Davis Cup in Geneva (in 2006), he realised that he was his successor and was trying to discredit him in every way."

Quote from Federer: "I think he's a joke (speaking on Djokovic's health issues)."

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Federer strongly dislikes Djokovic (feeling is mutual, I am sure) and has for a very long time. Here is a quote from Djokovic's father about an incident from 2006:

"He attacked Novak at the Davis Cup in Geneva (in 2006), he realised that he was his successor and was trying to discredit him in every way."

Quote from Federer: "I think he's a joke, you know (speaking on Djokovic's health issues)."
It might've been the case, let's say, before 2011, but, after so many big matches and hundreds of mutual training sessions, exibitions etc. they are just colleagues and fierce goat contenders.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It might've been the case before say 2011, but after so many big matches and hundreds of training sessions, exibitions etc. they are colleagues.
They are rivals who don't like one another, and who are extra motivated whenever they are on the other side of the net. You know, I think this is the best rivalry in tennis. Djokovic and Nadal is between two gladiators who play crazy athletic points. With Federer and Djokovic, there is a real animosity, and such a contrast in styles, that it makes it better, for me.

·
Registered
21,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah how about writing on the topic at hand instead of writing about Federer? You guys are incapable of admitting when your idol is wrong, isn’t it? Instead you deviate the topic

·
Registered
66 Posts
The real question is why in your sick mind is friendly encouragement for a player before his match something wrong and worth of condemnation?

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
Yeah how about writing on the topic at hand instead of writing about Federer? You guys are incapable of admitting when your idol is wrong, isn’t it? Instead you deviate the topic
Back in 2010-12 I also thought that Nadal's backhand was really unreliable.
Wasn't it the shot that lost him the AO '12 final? That BHDTL which was just wide...

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
The real question is why in your sick mind is friendly encouragement for a player before his match something wrong and worth of condemnation?
Had Nadal said something similar to SD before going up against one of his rivals, Novak, u probably wouldn’t hear peep about it thanks primarily due to the bogus PR work El padrino has accomplished over the course of the Claybot’s career.

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
Well, in 2011 he was right, Nadal's BH sucked that year and the main reason he was owned so badly by Novak. It wasn't ever a great shot until he back in 2017.
Thanks for confirming it. I always thought that you've been here one of the most unbiased Nadal fans ever.
And that's not a compliment, it's just how your opinions are felt.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts