·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DJOKO`s uniqueness::"being the 3rd player of the World".[not America bashing]

:devil:
:angel:
:cool:
#`@@`#...Am i the only one who finds it amusing how Djokovic always talks about himself in the 3rd person & his trademark line: "...being the 3rd player of the World and winning a Grand Slam the sensational and charismatic Serbian obviously expects mroe...etc.":eek:

So when Novak becomes #2 no doubt he`ll say "...being the 2nd player of the World..."
The next progression of course is for Djoko to "...being the 1st player of the World...":sad:

<>I`m surprised no one has every told Novak that this pecular expression he likes to use doesn`t quite convey what he wants to say. I guess everyone`s too impressed with his aura to correct him:confused:

"being the 3rd player of the World"~~could be interpreted as `the 3rd greatest ever` or the `3rd player to ever pick up the game`!!

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Re: DJOKO`s unique English::"...being the 3rd player of the World..."

offensive jerk *&^#$(%^!

How is it that he's allowed to get by with this??? He should be suspended or at least fined. $*%&#$^@ ATP. :fiery:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts

It's the way he says it in English, I think everyone is more than capable of understanding it, I don't see what the issue is? no one corrects some of the Spaniards when they say "pression" or one of the other adorable things they say....also, Novak doesn't just say it when he's talking about himself, he says it when he talks about other people too, he'll say "he's one of the best players of the world" or whatever.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts

Ffs

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts

I never noticed that before- is it possible that maybe he's not aware of it? People tend to have a "set list" of things that they'll say in interviews and pressers. :shrug:

Like a catchphrase, perhaps. I'll listen more closely next time around, and see if I can hear what you mean, Aussie. :)

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts

#`@@`#...Am i the only one who finds it amusing how Djokovic always talks about himself in the 3rd person & his trademark line: "...being the 3rd player of the World and winning a Grand Slam now I expect more...etc.":eek:
Little help - that is Serbian translatation in English word by word. I mean Serbian English.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

for a guy that didn't grow up in english-speaking countries, i think his language skills are amazing.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

offensive jerk *&^#$(%^!

How is it that he's allowed to get by with this??? He should be suspended or at least fined. $*%&#$^@ ATP. :fiery:

Whose the offensive jerk:eek::confused:

·
Registered
13,751 Posts

And anyway there are still native English speakers who don't know how to use adverbs. I feel like punching one of the fuckers every time I hear "I played good today" or something. That's a far more pressing issue.

·
85,829 Posts

I never noticed that before- is it possible that maybe he's not aware of it? People tend to have a "set list" of things that they'll say in interviews and pressers. :shrug:

Like a catchphrase, perhaps. I'll listen more closely next time around, and see if I can hear what you mean, Aussie. :)
He definitely does it, i've noticed it before, but I don't think it's an issue at all. I'm sure he's just not aware that it's incorrect English but really, considering how well he speaks the language overall, who cares :)

for a guy that didn't grow up in english-speaking countries, i think his language skills are amazing.
amen.

And anyway there are still native English speakers who don't know how to use adverbs. I feel like punching one of the fuckers every time I hear "I played good today" or something. That's a far more pressing issue.
agree completely.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts

This must be the most worthless thread ever but seeing as it's about Djokovic it'll have reached 10 pages by this time tomorrow.
Seriously. I mean there should be an award for the absolute stupidest thread posted. I'd vote for this one as a winner. :rolleyes:

So, the kid doesn't speak a foreign language perfectly. Shockingly offensive! :lol: :lol:

Or could it be a translation problem? Even worse. :mad:

·
Registered
3,044 Posts

For a non-native English speaker, I think he speaks excellent English, even colloquially at times. He also doesn't have the 100%stereotypical Slavic accent - sometimes his pronunciation has a little bit of German or French influence so it sounds better.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

:wavey:
yes exactly Djoko`s grasp of the English language is phenomenal:worship:
<>that`s why his quirky trademark line stand out even more so;)
#when Nadal`s talks about "pression" etc. i`m not as surprised because Novak`s English is clearly superior to Rafa`s;)

·
85,829 Posts

Whose the offensive jerk:eek::confused:
Sorry, but you can't start a thread about someone else's English mistakes and get away with this :lol:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

#`@@`#...Am i the only one who finds it amusing how Djokovic always talks about himself in the 3rd person & his trademark line: "...being the 3rd player of the World and winning a Grand Slam now I expect more...etc.":eek:

So when Novak becomes #2 no doubt he`ll say "...being the 2nd player of the World..."
The next progression of course is for Djoko to "...being the 1st player of the World...":sad:

<>I`m surprised no one has every told Novak that this pecular expression he likes to use doesn`t quite convey what he wants to say. I guess everyone`s to impressed with his aura to correct him:confused:

How well do you speak Serbian?

·
Registered
3,044 Posts

So, the kid doesn't speak a foreign language perfectly.
How dare he! Kill him!

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Uh..... scarcasm?

that`s what i thought:cool:
but for a second i was worried you were attacking my posting style, which would have surprised me since you`ve always been a fair poster in the six years i`ve seen you on MTF:cool:

1 - 20 of 201 Posts