Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.6%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously, all Djoko fans would rather he won RG. If Jo fails (sadly likely) he is my second pick for the title. But if he loses, who would you rather he loses to? Which loss would be less painful? If you absolutely had to choose someone to take him out, who would it be?

·
Administrator
6,251 Posts
Losing to Nadal (preferably with Nadal winning the title) is the only "next most preferable" option from a Djokovic fan point of view. It'd be disappointing and dull as hell, sure, but anything else would feel like a massive blown opportunity. Would also mean someone else beat him to the punch at taking down Nadal and winning the French Open.

Personally if he were to lose I would most prefer a loss to Murray, in the final, but that is as a Murray fan. I would want that to happen because then Murray would have a slam and a win over Djokovic, because it would be great payback for those 7 losses in a row, and because of the sheer hilarity of Murray winning on clay before Djokovic (not to mention seeing the reactions from the more annoying Djokotards here).

But if I was thinking of it purely from a Djokovic perspective, if he couldn't win I would be secretly hoping that it was due to Nadal winning the title, and we just go back into holding pattern and do this same shit again in the lead up to next year's tournament. Any loss would be bad, but a loss to Nadal would be slightly less intolerable than a loss to anyone else.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Obviously Clayray, but if Djoker didn't win the thing, losing to someone like Tomic would be worth it for the laughs.

Going down to Dull again would be even more embarrassing "historically".

·
Registered
750 Posts
He better lose to Almagro or somebody from that category than to Nadal again.

EDIT: I'm mean just don't lose to Nadal in the finals.

EDIT2: Don't lose to Federer either !

EDIT3: Losing to Murray would be ridiculous as well.

EDIT4: Don't lose to anybody please.

·
Registered
12,453 Posts
Other - I only wouldn't mind if he loses PERRIER LEGENDS' TROPHY from Federer, since it is doubles tournament and No1e isn't good at all in doubles

In the singles tournament I do mind for No1e to lose from anybody

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Someone who is still capable of taking out Nadal. Nishikori or Wawrinka maybe.

I was pissed when Stan beat Novak at AO last year, but he got the job done in the end.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I support both Nole and Fed. But I don't one either to lose. For Nole, it'd be tragic to lose to anyone. It's his time.

·
Registered
12,453 Posts
Someone who is still capable of taking out Nadal. Nishikori or Wawrinka maybe.

I was pissed when Stan beat Novak at AO last year, but he got the job done in the end.
Welcome to MTF .. I really like your avatar :superlol:

·
Banned
923 Posts
Well if he lost to Fed then that would mean Fed's second RG title :drool:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm not a Djoko fan but I still like this thread. Here's the man for the job....

I'd party like it's my birthday if Monfils would put on a show and take out the unstoppable Djokovic.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I'm not a Djoko fan but I still like this thread. Here's the man for the job....

I'd party like it's my birthday if Monfils would put on a show and take out the unstoppable Djokovic.
More like choking while being up 2 sets to love and 5-0 but yeah.. good luck Monfils. I like the guy. He can't beat Nole on clay though.

·
Premium Member
20,728 Posts
1. Anyone but Nadal.
2. Anyone, after taking out Nadal pre-final.
3. Federer in the final :hearts:

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Federer is a master in ending the streaks. So if he loses to Fed that means
Fed has his second FO title. But Wawrinka could do it as well. I am not sure for Nadal . I always think he plays mind games.But when Novak is on run of winning Rafa is quite questionable. It depends on draw . If they play in QF then i will give Novak 70- 30% for him because the pressure is less. But in Final i will give Rafa 70% to Novak 30%. Stan Wawrinka can do real damage to Novak or Rafa or Murray.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts