• I don't know

Votes: 9 12.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this point I really struggle to believe in Novak Djokovic winning slams.
After he won against Nadal at AO 2012 I really believed he could surpass Nadal. At this point it was 10 - 6 in Slams to Nadal. Now it is 14 - 6...

Surely there is no shame in losing to Nadal at his favourite surface clay. But it's the way he is loosing. Choking against Nadal, Murray, Stan when it mattered. Maybe he is putting to much pressure on himself. I really don't know.

I'm really empty after this weekend. My favourite male (Djoker) and female player (Halep) lost. But I have more believe in Halep winning a Slam than Djoker, which is worrying...

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He really needs to sort his mentality out. He should have way more slams than 6 by now but the choking is too much. Shame :(

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He will probably be runner-up again in Wimbledon. Take my words

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He really needs to sort his mentality out. He should have way more slams than 6 by now but the choking is too much. Shame :(
He didn't choke today. He was outplayed. Your fanboyism is awful.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I think he may pick up 1 or 2 more at the most, which is sad as he really should have double digits for his career when all is said and done.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Take Federer, Murray, and Nadal out of the equation and he might win one.

Then again, he managed to lose to Wawrinka, so....maybe.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
it`s like his mental force choke in slams....

in 3 sets tournys he looks amazing , but in slams since 2013 he his fragil in mental terms even losing against murray...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Jesus. 50% said yes? You guys really need to be objective about this. He has been the best player on tour this year despite not winning a slam and his odds of winning Wimbledon/US Open are higher than Rafa's odds. Don't let the hysteria of today cloud your reason. Novak has 3-4 years left of winning slams. Double digits is not only possible, it's likely.

Feel free to quote this.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
One of the things that hit me today while watching the final is that he's actually tactically STUPID when he's not in control of the match. Some of the choices he made were plain baffling. Some will argue it's all just mental, but that remains a serious problem for a player of his calibre.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
anyway , nole is not a clay court player , he plays on clay like in hardcourts.

like with fed , it`s very good his performance even with his mental midget

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
You choose to bring this up after he loses in a final to guy that only Soderling has won against him? Really?

Losing Wimbledon is more valid

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nole was 10-5 after AO2012* not 10-6

How the hell he went from close to CYGS and -5 to Nadal to -8 I'll never know...

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Djokovic was the main favourite (according to bookies) of every tournament after net-touch. Let's see how he was doing:
Losing in Wimby F to Murray in 3. Okay, he had tough semifinal, but he was in good position in every set. 0-3? LOL. He should won at least a set.
Losing in USO F to Nadal in 4. During 3 and majority of 4th set he was playing his best tennis in 2013. It was fucking great, coming from nowhere. Then bump - missed routine FH on BP at 4-4, missed few sitters at 4-5 , then outcluthced at the end of the 10th game. Gave up after missed opportunity at the start of the 4th.
Losing in AO QF to Wawrinka in 5. His worst lost so far (after net-touch). Winning opener in cruise-control. Missed few chances at the start of the 2nd, folded after Stan picked up his game. Woke up in 4th and magically won the set. Broke Wawa with ease and then DONATE game be 4 cheap FH errors. Missed basic volley on MP against cramping mental midget.
Losing at RG F to Rafa in 4. Great 1st set, competitive second, should took set into to TB. Instead of this he made DF, FH error, hit FH into netcord and set was gone. Ended match with error and DF.

I'm not saying he should have won all this matches, but at least ONE TIGHT MATCH against good opponent. And next time when he'll face good opponent at final stage of a slam, you know what he would do ;) Net touch will haunt him forever. So yes, unless some fluke, he's done.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Classic MTF

Someone wins > he's going to win forever and ever

Someone loses > he's done

1 - 20 of 74 Posts