Mens Tennis Forums banner

601 - 617 of 617 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
this thread should be in GM...it deserves some visits
It doesn't fit the rules for GM (vi) Threads that are related to tennis (e.g. players, fans, coaches), but are not about the game itself, belong in the tennis off-topic forum. Actually I think it is even in the wrong place here? I hesitate to move it because people are used to looking for it here.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
:facepalm: this is by far one of the most interesting and useful threads. why moving it out of GM or here? we just want 40-15 discussions everywhere now or something?

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
:facepalm: this is by far one of the most interesting and useful threads. why moving it out of GM or here? we just want 40-15 discussions everywhere now or something?
I'm not moving the thread. I'm just telling you the rules for GM. Here BTW is GM it is just not the main area of GM. Also this section of GM is for "Advanced Discussions-A collection of the most informative and knowledgeable Tennis discussions!". I'm not really sure that description fits this thread, but here it is so here it will stay.

·
Registered
12,810 Posts
Wow didnt know Veic was banned for life, watched him live in Brazil grinding like crazy.

I guess its sad to see so many decent chellanger players retiring before 30 years old. Fischer, Stadler, etc but thats life I guess.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Javier Martí ?

It doesn't seem to be recent but I've recently been going through draws of previous tournaments (because i'm a nerd like that) and I noticed he was getting a lot of wildcards, including in tournaments outside of Spain, it seemed and qualifying a lot circa 2011-2012.

This was before I paid attention to tennis outside of the major tournaments and top players.

I'm assuming he was a top juniors player and obviously someone thought of as a great prospect but I had never heard of him never noticed him name anywhere after 2013 apprx.

Injuries? scandal? Is he still toiling in challengers/futures?

What's the scoop?
Very good article. It talks at length about his winning, while playing thru pain. In may had his 4th elbow surgery. When it was found that they damaged the nerve, 2 days later, he had a 5th. He said, maybe enough is enough and it is time to call it quits. When he was a jr, they called him The New Nadal. It is obvious, he is very talented, however, we all have different breaking points. He said, he might give it one more shot, or he may just teach tennis.
Nope, the one that was being called the new Nadal was Boluda, the article mentions how good it was for Marti not to be under the spotlight while he was growing up. It also makes a comparison to Carreno-Busta's career and how Marti could have been in Busta's place had he not being tormented by the elbow problem.
Javier Martí is back :)
He's in the semifinal of FUT Castellon - beating Carles Hernandez, Pawel Cias (# 918) and Carlos Boluda-Purkiss (#458) in straight sets.
He'll meet Eduardo Esteve Lobato (#494) in SF.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
marti has an amazing talent but he is a huge choker plus he lost years with injuries...idk if he will have a sucessfull comeback honestly

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Suk-Young Jeong
seem to have a lot of talent im not sure why someone would retire at 20 so it had to be for other reasons anyone know what happened????
btw he had one match in 2014 and thats it

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Nope, the one that was being called the new Nadal was Boluda.
Actually they both were, at least here in Spain. At one point about 10yrs ago, or a bit more, they were 1st and 2d ranked juniors in Europe. First it was Boluda called 'Nadal's heir' but it was soon obvious he wasn't gonna make it, lot of talent but he didn't grow up, stayed shorter than Schwartzman. Then it was Marti's turn to be hailed as 'the new Nadal' to no avail. Sport media never fails to 'jinx' promising juniors.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Daniel Brands?

601 - 617 of 617 Posts