Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While in Bulgaria, today Grigor was doing some advertising for a phone company, signing autographs and taking pictures. After that, he had a short press-conference. Here is the short version of it for the Dimitards out there. :) Very conservative all around, but showed a lot of positivity.

"I feel like the season is just starting for me. At the beginning of it, i had some difficulties on tournaments, that i usually play and feel good on. Acapulco was definetely not a good one for me. I did not feel comfortable and had to work on some stuff. There were also, as you know, some problems with the racquet change.

After Australian Open, i had to travel a lot. It's not easy to adjust and to put all your energy in week after week. Ofcourse, there are some results, that i am not satisfied with.

I think, that i had a decent start of the clay season. I do not feel discouraged by the loss against Monfils, though it was one of these days, when nothing seemed to work. My goal is to improve as much as possible and have a great performance in Paris and the whole clay season. Ofcourse, after that comes Wimbledon, which is great for me."

When asked, regarding a potential match with Roger in Istanbul and repeating his performance from MSG, Grigor said:

" We will train in Sunday. The tournament in Istanbul is a very strong one. It feels like everyone can beat anyone there. But if all goes according to plan, i hope to meet him in the final."

He also talked, regarding other topics, such as a potential new coach, being a constant part of top 15, his racquet change and his opinion on the competition from top 10, particularly the drop in Rafa's level and Djokovic's form.

"Regarding a new coach - we are still discussing it with the rest of my team. It's a delicate situation. We want to find the optimal solution, since i am travelling a lot constantly now, and there is need for extra attention in practice and the tournaments.

In 2015, Novak is definetely the best player. He is extremely hard to play against - always focused and in excellent physical shape. The whole structure around him is also great, which definetely helps.

I don't know much, regarding Rafa's condition. He might have some problems or issues outside the court.

When you are a part of the top 10/15 in the ATP, there is always some tension, when you play. But i like it, because it makes me more focused and consistent. It is very hard to keep a great level for 25 weeks. For many days, i have been working on my fitness for 2 hours at the end of the day (9:30 - 11:30 PM), which definetely can take it's toll in some of the matches and the preparation for the next day.

And finally, the racquet problem is almsost sorted. With the help of Wilson and the racquet engineers, we have worked on it a lot and it's 95 % ready. For the moment, it's working out pretty well and i hope it is completed by the end of 2015."

·
Premium Member
9,361 Posts
Divatrov giving his BS excuses for his recent results disgusting little copycat. :facepalm::facepalm:

" We will train in Sunday. The tournament in Istanbul is a very strong one. It feels like everyone can beat anyone there. But if all goes according to plan, i hope to meet him in the final."
[/B]
:superlol::superlol:

I think, that i had a decent start of the clay season. I do not feel discouraged by the loss against Monfils, though it was one of these days, when nothing seemed to work. My goal is to improve as much as possible and have a great performance in Paris and the whole clay season. Ofcourse, after that comes Wimbledon, which is great for me."[/B]
You shouldn't even had been in QF you pathetic little pusher. Verdasco choked, Fognini played like a challenger player and Wawrinka looked like a little child learning tennis :superlol::superlol::superlol::superlol:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Good to see him positive. Hopefully he can regroup and start having a better season :)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
So did he drop Roger Rasheed and hire Yuri Sharapov or what? Look, sometimes ... for our relationships, we have to make sacrifices.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
"In 2015, Novak is definetely the best player. He is extremely hard to play against - always focused and in excellent physical shape. The whole structure around him is also great, which definetely helps.
Shots fired, Sugarpova will request an explanation and a written report in three copies for him daring to say such a claim :lol:

·
Your visions will happen
51,289 Posts
So much whining from Grigor here, wow.

Dimitrov: "I feel like the season is just starting for me."

Date: April 24 :facepalm:

Already 1/3 finished mate. And then,

After Australian Open, i had to travel a lot. It's not easy to adjust and to put all your energy in week after week.
Oh, you mean like every single player ever? :rolleyes:

And then this one:

For many days, i have been working on my fitness for 2 hours at the end of the day (9:30 - 11:30 PM), which definitely can take it's toll in some of the matches and the preparation for the next day.
Then stop fucking training so late!!!!!! :stupid:

Why he is training so late at night KNOWING he has to get up early the next day? Train in the day and relax and sleep at night like every professional. Just brainless stuff from the Macedonian

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Silly attempt to justify bad results. Also showing disrespect to players who were beating him or winning trophies so far.

Expected better from Grigor. It looks like Maria's bad influence is starting to show up.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
When asked, regarding a potential match with Roger in Istanbul and repeating his performance from MSG, Grigor said:

First off does the reporter not realize that the 'performance from MSG' was an exhobition match? And that Fed let a kid win a point on him in said match?

Also if be 'We will train in Sunday' he means he will train with Federer, then he's sunk...just look at how well those that trained with Federer did in Monte Carlo.

If it's the 'team' we, then maybe he has a shot.

And ya I'm also in agreement with just about everything Johnny Groove said. It's a little to have the season 'start' for you.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,912 Posts
Dimitrov had a bad start which happens to a lot of players.
He does find the pressure of being in the top 10-20 tough and explains it in an interview below.

Here, he's just trying to start afresh. There's always a time to do that. Good on him for being honest about his results and showing desire to improve from there.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
The butthurt from fellow Fedfans with regard to Grigor is just too funny.

The boy is playing good tennis and is trying to find his best game and they act like he slept with their sister and then bragged about it or something. :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
So much whining from Grigor here, wow.

Dimitrov: "I feel like the season is just starting for me."

Date: April 24 :facepalm:

Already 1/3 finished mate. And then,

Oh, you mean like every single player ever? :rolleyes:

And then this one:

Then stop fucking training so late!!!!!! :stupid:

Why he is training so late at night KNOWING he has to get up early the next day? Train in the day and relax and sleep at night like every professional. Just brainless stuff from the Macedonian
Boy, stop trashing. The translation is not quite correct! He said that he had to do a lot of other stuff in some days (I suppose he is talking about the sponsors'stuff during tournaments). He changed rackets and every person who has played tennis knows this has a big influence on the control of your shots, Roger Rasheed couldn't be with him 90% of the time and he says they are searching for another coach to be with him in those cases - like Nishikori, Raonic, Djokovic, Murray, Federer anf all the top players! The season has started for him because he feels ha has found the racket and there will be just minor details to change for the rest of 2015!

And what was with that a "Macedonian" - what are you, American or Balkan "American", I am curious!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I see some of the people chose to misinterpret Grigor's words here. What i decided to translate was a retrospection of Grigor's answers - at least the more interesting part of it. He was not whining at all. All of the "whining" you see, were actually answers to questions from reporters regarding his new racquet, his bad performance as of late and his fitness. The staying late bit was also an answer to a question for Grigor regarding his fitness preparation. He also pointed out, that the travelling and form issues are something every player has to deal with. I did not put it in there, because it was a banality, that every player says. He is actually very nice in person and not arrogant at all, like many of the haters try to make him look.

That was an answer to Johnny mainly. There is no point in explaining this to people like Shanksboy, who take a lot of time out of their day, just to hate on Grigor. Doubt he can get a grip of things.

·
22,283 Posts
He had an extremely disappointing start to the season, things were downhill after Wimby last year, and then after losing to Murray this year at the AO, he forgot how play decent tennis. MC is a better result, but still I didn't like how easily he got beaten by Monfils. At least he should be go back to his early 2014 level. This is just crap. Getting rid of Rasheed would help.

·
Your visions will happen
51,289 Posts
Boy, stop trashing. The translation is not quite correct! He said that he had to do a lot of other stuff in some days (I suppose he is talking about the sponsors'stuff during tournaments). He changed rackets and every person who has played tennis knows this has a big influence on the control of you rackets, Roger Rasheed couldn't be with him 90% of the time and he says they are searching for another coach to be with him in those cases - like Nishikori, Raonic, Djokovic, Murray, Federer anf all the top players! The season has started for him because he feels ha has found the racket and there will be just minor details to change for the rest of 2015!

And what was with that a "Macedonian" - what are you, American or Balkan "American", I am curious!
About the sponsors, it is just all about time management. If he has aspirations to be at the level of the top guys, he needs to get used to the time managements necessary. Or even, dare I say, say "no" to people asking for your time. How much money do you need? How much more valuable is your time? Maybe this is why he had to train so late at night 930-1130 PM?

Grigor, if you have to say "no" to people, you must. Mirka said that she didn't want Roger's publicist job cause she said no 90% of the time. Time is valuable. About the Rasheed thing, Grigor is 24 years old now. You should know how you need to train. Just get someone you knew from the juniors like a Danny Valverdu type to be a hitting partner and that's it.

The racquet change is tough, I've been through that before, that one I will give him a pass on.

The Macedonian thing is an inside joke here on MTF. You say the player is from a country not from where he really is, just nearby, so as to mess with the fanbase, you know

·
Your visions will happen
51,289 Posts
I see some of the people chose to misinterpret Grigor's words here. What i decided to translate was a retrospection of Grigor's answers - at least the more interesting part of it. He was not whining at all. All of the "whining" you see, were actually answers to questions from reporters regarding his new racquet, his bad performance as of late and his fitness. The staying late bit was also an answer to a question for Grigor regarding his fitness preparation. He also pointed out, that the travelling and form issues are something every player has to deal with. I did not put it in there, because it was a banality, that every player says. He is actually very nice in person and not arrogant at all, like many of the haters try to make him look.

That was an answer to Johnny mainly. There is no point in explaining this to people like Shanksboy, who take a lot of time out of their day, just to hate on Grigor. Doubt he can get a grip of things.
Yes I will like to see a full interview here to see all of the idiosyncrasies. These snippets can be twisted very easily

·
Registered
721 Posts
First off does the reporter not realize that the 'performance from MSG' was an exhobition match? And that Fed let a kid win a point on him in said match?

Also if be 'We will train in Sunday' he means he will train with Federer, then he's sunk...just look at how well those that trained with Federer did in Monte Carlo.

If it's the 'team' we, then maybe he has a shot.

And ya I'm also in agreement with just about everything Johnny Groove said. It's a little to have the season 'start' for you.
The reporter perfectly understands it was an exhibition match, don't worry! And Grigor is just hoping for good results. And when you can't hear the whole conference in Bulgarian and you see just words out of context you better not comment. He was very reserved, talked about the change in his game and in his racket and said the goal for 2015 is to play better tennis and up his level. He didn't talk about rankings, wins and trophies and certainly made no excuses for his losses. If you think he is "whining" you are wrong. In short - he wants to be a better player just like everyone else. And the main thing and most important thing for the tennis fans is that he is searching for a second tennis coach because he certainly needs one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts