Mens Tennis Forums banner

381 - 400 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
I'm a Grigor fan and I have trouble believing that. Even if the virus isn't prevalent in Serbia and Bulgaria, it definitely is in the US where Grigor had come from so it should be at the forefront of his mind. I don't know what his symptoms were but I refuse to believe that when anyone gets sick at the moment with fatigue, sore throat or similar symptoms, their first thought isn't to wonder if they have Coronavirus. If the Covid tests were there and ready to be administered, there is no excuse for anyone feeling sick not to go and get one, for no other reason than to rule it out.

I get there is a bit of a frenzy at the moment but he and his manager would be wise to say as little as possible and not volunteer any more information than they have to as the recent information from his camp only makes him look reckless.
I see it the same way.
Though I would not point fingers at anyone. What seemed obvious, could have been overlooked in the heat of the moment.
That's a weak excuse, but happens.

Just as many people commit certain sort of mistakes in their work or in their daily private routines and then some consequences come to light.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm a Grigor fan and I have trouble believing that. Even if the virus isn't prevalent in Serbia and Bulgaria, it definitely is in the US where Grigor had come from so it should be at the forefront of his mind. I don't know what his symptoms were but I refuse to believe that when anyone gets sick at the moment with fatigue, sore throat or similar symptoms, their first thought isn't to wonder if they have Coronavirus. If the Covid tests were there and ready to be administered, there is no excuse for anyone feeling sick not to go and get one, for no other reason than to rule it out.

I get there is a bit of a frenzy at the moment but he and his manager would be wise to say as little as possible and not volunteer any more information than they have to as the recent information from his camp only makes him look reckless.
Look, I only translate what he said. He is not popular in Bulgaria anyway, cause he said some controversial things in the past. The only thing I know is Grigor left the tournament the day he felt unwell.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Bro, Serbia is not located on the moon, and this virus managed to cross the Atlantic Ocean. Common sense dictates mass gatherings (furthermore without face masks being mandatory) is out of the question.

Ah, of course.
Wow what a revelation, r u like in elementary school or something, bro? Everything conducted in the tennis aspect of the tour was w/in the protocols. Whatever happened during any extracurricular activities is anyone’s guess. This is a tennis forum, not a tabloid rag like u find in the daily mirror or national enquirer.

·
Registered
350 Posts

Today there is official statement from Grigor's manager. He was NEVER offered a test, not in Belgrade, nor in Zadar. So he can't refuse something he was never offered. Later I will post the whole statement.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Today there is official statement from Grigor's manager. He was NEVER offered a test, not in Belgrade, nor in Zadar. So he can't refuse something he was never offered. Later I will post the whole statement.
Did he inform event management he was feeling ill with CV19-compatible symptoms?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Did he inform event management he was feeling ill with CV19-compatible symptoms?
What are you talking about? With this kind of symptoms he will be playing tennis, having party and enjoying life? Cmon let’s be real! Plus in a F***** pandemic situation why someone should even ask you to get tested, when it should be done by the organizers to everyone!?

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
That in itself raises questions. Why is he competing in the first international tennis tournament during a global pandemic where there is no testing being offered? Did he raise this issue? Did he ask for a test and was refused? I agree the organizers bear the most responsibility here but where is his common sense? Before I even agreed to participate in such a tournament, I would have got assurances about the availability of testing and assurances about what measures would be taken in the event of a positive test, both for my own safety and because of concerns about the virus spreading as a result of this tournament. Once I got there, I would have insisted on everyone being tested. If I was unhappy with the responses, I would have left.

They can now blame each other but it's clear from Grigor and the other players' actions during this tour that none of them gave a thought to the virus or the implications of people being infected as a result of this tournament. The tournament organizers may have ultimate responsibility here but it's hard to have any sympathy for Grigor or the other players who were partying, hugging each other, surrounded by fans and playing basketball.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Everything very suspicious and looks like shit-flinging among concerned ones has just started.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
What are you talking about? With this kind of symptoms he will be playing tennis, having party and enjoying life? Cmon let’s be real! Plus in a F***** pandemic situation why someone should even ask you to get tested, when it should be done by the organizers to everyone!?
He should have asked because he's a grown man who should have had the common sense to worry enough about his own health and the possibility he may be spreading the virus to everyone around him.

·
Registered
739 Posts
So within this finger pointing and mudsling, is patient zero:
1. Dimitrov who bought if from the US;
OR
2. Djokovic who mingled with an infected basketball player and infected the others?

·
Registered
350 Posts
If he was examined, why was he not tested in Croatia? Did he ask for a test and was refused?
Look, he already said they made mistake. And Grigor's questions about the measures on his arrival are ruled by the serbian press as suspicious. Today there was interview with the doctor of the Croatia tennis federation. He said he talked with Grigor on Thursday, because he had elbow issues. He said Grigor didn't have other problems. he was fine. His name is Igro Boric or sth. Sorry if I mistake the name.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The newest hit in the serbian media is that Grigor is some kind of Federer's agent with the mission to destroy Adria tour and it's success.

·
Super Moderator
7,413 Posts
Wow what a revelation, r u like in elementary school or something, bro? Everything conducted in the tennis aspect of the tour was w/in the protocols. Whatever happened during any extracurricular activities is anyone’s guess. This is a tennis forum, not a tabloid rag like u find in the daily mirror or national enquirer.
Yes, well, the issue is that usual tennis events protocols don't really help at all in this kind of context. I don't think what I'm saying should be too hard to comprehend. Just look at the crowd where everyone's sitting inches from the next person and without face masks. You're saying that's within today's safety protocols?

381 - 400 of 418 Posts