Mens Tennis Forums banner

What is your opinion on digital coin toss

• Superb innovation at the forefront of tennis intelligence

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • An utter garbage. Bring back the mechanical coin toss!

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I don't give a f....ifth of a pence

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's your opinion about the new feature at world's biggest tennis arenas - electronic coin toss?

My reaction is: WTF...?
And it's not about World Tour Finals

I couldnt imagine such a brainchild materialised for a new part of pre-match tennis routine
I mean, what is this made for? Removing a heavy/difficult/precision-lacking human-performed operation? Making warm-ups more entertaining?

So I go with option 2

Discuss. Any additional poll options are welcome

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
What's your opinion about the new feature at world's biggest tennis arenas - electronic coin toss?

My reaction is: WTF...?
And it's not about World Tour Finals

I couldnt imagine such a brainchild materialised for a new part of pre-match tennis routine
I mean, what is this made for? Removing a heavy/difficult/precision-lacking human-performed operation? Making warm-ups more entertaining?

Discuss
Has as much sense and integrity as revealing a "pre-done" draw.

Some things they need to leave to manual determination under close observation to avoid the perception of fixing.

Same as electronic voting. Don't trust it.

Suspiciously,
masterclass

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Imo it should also be used to determine the result of a match with servebot participation. The result would be just as dependent on luck and randomness as if the match was played out, and the fans of the non-servebots wouldn't have to endure being tortured for possibly multiple hours. Just make it quick and get it over with already

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Imo it should also be used to determine the result of a match with servebot participation. The result would be just as dependent on luck and randomness as if the match was played out, and the fans of the non-servebots wouldn't have to endure being tortured for possibly multiple hours. Just make it quick and get it over with already
You can always just turn off the match and go outside

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
I'd like to switch everything on Earth full digital. Every.effing.thing. Just go digital, isn't it the future?!? :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts