Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am opening this thread because how much hate Diego has been getting this last couple of days because he, wait for it, couldn't beat Nadal in RG but instead he could "only" put a great fight.

Diego played 3 amazing sets constantly putting pressure on Rafa and actually outplaying him in long rallies which is Rafa specialty. Nadal actually had to raise his level greatly to clutch the third set and who knows what would've happened if the big Diego managed to win it.

People calling him shorty (lol?) saying things like he can't construct points, has no plan etc..Like what the actual fuck ? The guy admittedly has no serve and hence he gets no free points. He relies completely on his shot making and ability to rally to win points and he did that with great success for 3 sets against the master of this discipline on Philippe Chatrier.

I know most of this people are obsessed haters of Rafa and are triggered because Diego couldn't beat him (who can?) but I still wanted to point out how wrong those claims are and how great of a player Schwartzman is despite having the perfect profile to not become a top tennis player.
You guys should actually relax a bit and take some inspiration from him, maybe you wouldn't end up to be bitter haters on the internet.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I mean the guy is clearly talented, you don't get to the top 10 or top 20 by just being a hard worker, there's a lot of hardworking guys that aren't anywhere near the top 100.

As for the hate, what can you do, every player in the top 30 gets hate on here no matter how great of a person they are, so don't stress yourself. Not saying it's right but they are millionaires, they probably don't give a s*** about what MTF says.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
It's weird. 2-3 years ago, Diego was beloved on these forums. Ever since he hit top 10 and flopped at ATP Finals, people have just been non-stop hating on him.
Haha, thats absolutely right . But it ' s like that . It ' s in tone with the rest of lost gen 5 years ago, meaning he reached a level but cannot fk beat the big 3 ,= gets trashed here . He beat rafa what , last year to get beaten by Novak in the final . What has he done lately ? Kinda stuff . Classic

·
Premium Member
20,748 Posts
Hey, we already have a thread for this

Reactions: Vonano

·
Registered
660 Posts
Let me explain to you what a fan board is ... just kidding I won't
This is not a Diego Schwartzman fan board. You can head over to the players forum where you can all hold hands and suck each other off.

Here: Enter Player Forums

edit:

Man, I looked at that previous appreciation thread posted and literally the first line is: "Diego - the small man with a big heart of a champion"

This is the kind of weird condescending shit I meant in my first post. Diego Schwartzman does not need pity.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
This is the kind of weird condescending shit I meant in my first post. Diego Schwartzman does not need pity.
100% agreed. He's just fine being a millionaire, tennis star, smoking hot wife, etc... but the weird insecure lefties, who are actually insecure themselves feel the need, and actively foster hate, separation, division themselves, OH YU MUST HATE SHORT GUYZZ

Sad really.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
This is not a Diego Schwartzman fan board. You can head over to the players forum where you can all hold hands and suck each other off.

Here: Enter Player Forums

edit:

Man, I looked at that previous appreciation thread posted and literally the first line is: "Diego - the small man with a big heart of a champion"

It's not Diego's board , but there are literally hundreds re action threads like this one with whatever names adressed to one specific player, the big 3 each have tens a day (I could exagerate). Should all those go to their own specific place in the board too ?

·
Registered
660 Posts
It's not Diego's board , but there are literally hundreds re action threads like this one with whatever names adressed to one specific player, the big 3 each have tens a day (I could exagerate). Should all those go to their own specific place in the board too ?
You did exaggerate and yes, it would be very nice if that happened.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
3 "amazing" sets

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
You did exaggerate and yes, it would be very nice if that happened.
So you want a more policed fandom . Ok fair enough .

Don't mind player's forums , those are commatose . This would follow the same course if they follow you on this one .

·
Registered
294 Posts
He is less talented than other top20 players, he deserves all of the worshipping possible. When you make the most out of your talent you need to be praised, when you underperform relative to your talent, you need to be bashed.

·
Registered
21,486 Posts
It's weird. 2-3 years ago, Diego was beloved on these forums. Ever since he hit top 10 and flopped at ATP Finals, people have just been non-stop hating on him.
He's just been such a joke against the top comp.

That RG SF meant he's hogging his fraud top 12 spot which is annoying tennis fans.

How he lucked out another QF here is beyond me.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
He is less talented than other top20 players, he deserves all of the worshipping possible. When you make the most out of your talent you need to be praised, when you underperform relative to your talent, you need to be bashed.
Can’t argue w/ this take. Only thing i request is no more Nadal/Schwartman matches esp. at FO during the business end. It’s really getting tedious for the average tennis afficianado. Likewise, no more Fokina vs Zverev & please add list to rest of top 5, some of the worst matchups in history of the sport at least until he displays some decent form vs top players.

·
Registered
Diego Schwartzman, Novak Djokovic, Dominic Thiem, Stan Wawrinka
267 Posts
What a surprise. Someone opens a thread to appreciate the accomplishments of a player that gets bashed in other more general threads and the haters still come out. What is wrong with your lives? There are players that I don't like, but I don't waste my life seeking out opportunities to make negative comments about them. Are any of you familiar with the adage "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? It feels like 80% of the posters on this site are horrible people. Can't you all let us have one thread where you don't spread your poison?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts