Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
RIP

Sadly, it was expected since some years ago.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
3 out of the 5 biggest football legends of all time have died in the last 6-7 years...
2014.. Di Stefano
2016 .. Cruyff
2020.. Maradona

Di stefano was already 88 though.
Pele (80) and Beckenbauer (75) still alive.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Maradona is my first favorite sportsperson. To me, he's the soccer GOAT, for his leadership qualities.

RIP. :cry: He's gone too young and too early. I am deeply saddened. :cry:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Way too young, but the legend is forever.

Cruijff will welcome him with open arms and I'm sure they will play some football together.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I was never a big football fan myself, but Maradona had something extraordinary about him that even I could sense as a casual viewer. Somehow it felt like he was the greatest - not in terms of achievement or number of goals scored but in terms of that something inexplicable and impalpable about his whole character. I think Platini put it best: "Diego was capable of things no one else could match. The things I could do with a football, he could do with an orange."

His significance was also greater than that of any other footballer. He became a part of the pop culture - more than Pelé, Di Stefano or Messi ever did or would do. To me, he was the greatest and the most gifted ever.

Requiéscat in pace, pibe de oro.

·
Premium Member
7,738 Posts
I've never really had strong feelings towards him, but I do hope he's now been able to find the peace he couldn't find in life.

His story should not be only of sports greatness but also serve to think about our choices in life and how much damage drug abuse can inflict to oneself and loved ones.

RIP

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Amazing legend, the way he lead his nation to WC success (including the match against their enemy - England) is absolutely unique. Phenomenal on the field, opposite off the field. RIP.

Reactions: BauerAlmeida
1 - 20 of 61 Posts