Registered
20,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol.

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
justice for all
17,512 Posts
I'd advise him just one thing: fewer words, more workout, Sascha!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Yep, he did. Clearly wasn't referring to himself though ;), being too busy partying and fooling around.

And no, I'm no Sascha hater, used to like him a lot, used to expect a lot from him, and still there's a part of me that hopes he'll get it together sooner rather than later.

But the man we saw playing against Andy looked somehow beaten already before the match even begun, and it was only about to get worse.

Time for him to start working on it. And if I was him, I would start from the mental side, asap. Hopefully it isn't too late yet.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I think he was talking about his future carreer as a comedian.

Reactions: Budadiii

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
I’m sure he did put the work in but no amount of work can make up for the skill gap between him and Murray.

Tough draw for Zverev. Hard luck. The King prevailed as expected

·
justice for all
17,512 Posts
I’m sure he did put the work in but no amount of work can make up for the skill gap between him and Murray.

Tough draw for Zverev. Hard luck. The King prevailed as expected
In fact he came agonizingly close to upsetting the Mighty Andy. So he can only take positives from this loss and just pray he’ll avoid drawing Metalray early in the USO.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
He better get going whatever he said soon or else mtf will start mking who had better career sasha vs coria threads

·
Registered
317 Posts
No, the only reason why he lost is because he gave victory to Andy with df-s. Andy was dead, but Zverer once again proved that no one can be more dead than he can.

Even hard work can't help there, physical aspect is not a problem. He needs hard work on mentality! He needs some Tony Nadal to make a warrior out of him. He needs an army drill. To be a predator, thirsty for blood. He got to find that somehow inside him.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,846 Posts
Yips on the serve are rather difficult to iron out, regardless of training.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
lose to a 30+ y.o. sporting an artificial hip.
I'm hoping other players underestimate Murray like this. I think a lot of the top players think Murray is an easy win.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Y’all sleepin on Murray. Sure the guy has a metal hip and clearly declined but he’s still the same guy that won 3 slams and had consistently made it to semis/finals of the biggest tournaments and also has 2 OG’s. He may not be as good physically but he knows how to win matches and his mental game will get him wins against most players on the tour.

·
Registered
20,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yips on the serve are rather difficult to iron out, regardless of training.
It wasn‘t just yips on the serve, lol

Reactions: enlightenedth

·
Premium Member
11,979 Posts
Y’all sleepin on Murray. Sure the guy has a metal hip and clearly declined but he’s still the same guy that won 3 slams and had consistently made it to semis/finals of the biggest tournaments and also has 2 OG’s. He may not be as good physically but he knows how to win matches and his mental game will get him wins against most players on the tour.
Plus Murray is and has been probably the 2nd greatest returner of all time.. or at least top 5.

So of course he will eat up 2nd serves and intimidate mentally weak Zverev

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Plus Murray is and has been probably the 2nd greatest returner of all time.. or at least top 5.

So of course he will eat up 2nd serves and intimidate mentally weak Zverev
Especially considering Zverev has probably the worst second serve I’ve ever seen in top 100 along with Aliassime.

·
Your visions will happen
50,878 Posts
No, the only reason why he lost is because he gave victory to Andy with df-s. Andy was dead, but Zverer once again proved that no one can be more dead than he can.

Even hard work can't help there, physical aspect is not a problem. He needs hard work on mentality! He needs some Tony Nadal to make a warrior out of him. He needs an army drill. To be a predator, thirsty for blood. He got to find that somehow inside him.
Exactly

Putting in work is one thing, guts show through when it matters. And Murray, even bionic and declined and currently outside top #100, still beating these kids

By the way I thought Zverev hired Ferrer and then did not bring him to USO, what is he doing

·
justice for all
17,512 Posts
The guy also made around 30 forehand unforced errors, he was wank.
Exactly, his FH was completely off yesterday. He generally happens to have poor FH days every 2nd match I’d say. Maybe he should fancy running around it to hit more with his BH.😉

1 - 20 of 37 Posts