Mens Tennis Forums banner

??

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Simple question. Did you feel sorry for him caming short again at rg? I was sorry for fed at wimby 14 and at ao09...Even if you don't like a player sometimes you just have this feeling for him for his effort..

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: Did you feel sorry dor Djokovic today?

A little, he finally beat Nadal at RG, he had to feel the title was his.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: Did you feel sorry dor Djokovic today?

Nope. He lost fair and square. RIP big four. It is finally over.

Reactions: Popsicle

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I felt very bad that Novak lost.
But thinking about his fans, my sorrow turned into ecstasy.

Novak has some decent fans, who love the game . Most Novak fans are crazy . I am happy that they never claimed that Novak will win the Doubles Slam too . Just short of that, they were opening threads and insulting two All Time Greats .

The eerie silence from a bunch of things makes me happy.

Novak still has a chance to win at RG. But 12 months is too long a time span..

·
Registered
623 Posts
Naw, he'll win the FO eventually. He just got outplayed by one of the 3-4 players who can tame him when their game is on. I do expect him to lose wimbledon now though.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I would feel sorry if he wasn't such a cheat....

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I'd imagine most folk would seeing him struggling to keep it together at the runner up presentation. Seems a decent bloke off court, although a bit cringeworthy at times.

Saying that it was good for the sport that he lost since one player dominating is always bad. I hope he gets one RG before he retires though.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes, I had a good laugh and relief that he didn't take the title. He already has to many titles.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I find it hard to empathize with Djokovic, because he usually is too arrogant. Strangely enough, he has been relatively better this RG, but it didn't change things. That outburst he had against Murray where he cursed him in Serbian really put me off, as did his antics when the crowd was supporting Murray.

That's basically the way I feel about Djokovic. Maybe if he loses another 4 or 5 slams in a row, I will start feeling different about him. There is only one way to know. ;)

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
A little yes. I've always thought Djokovic was a great guy off court, very gracious loser etc... I just don't like the way he is ON court. But he probably did believe this was his year and the pressure proved too much for him, he was definately not showing the full extent of his feelings in that ceremony after.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I pretty much always feel sympathy for the loser of such a momentous sporting contest, whether or not I wanted them to win. Djokovic has many admirable facets to his character.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
No.

I felt a bit sorry for Nadal at 1-5 *0-15 when they showed a close-up slow motion replay of him watching a moonball falling out slowly. Guy seemed devastated, really.

Nole was not brave enough to take the initiative in this match and he got punished.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Yes for those wasted chances in last three years. Not for today's performance, he just got completely outplayed.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Not really. On some small level maybe, but Novak won how many big events in a row prior to this...? He'll win how many more in the future?

Benneteau is more deserving of the sympathy!

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Yes. The pathetic Nadal fans voting no show their lack of class. Are you so upset that he has beaten Nadal many times that you don't feel sorry for a man who not only wants to win for himself but wants to win for his deceased grandfather and coach? Any decent human being would feel for him regardless of whether they were a fan.

It disturbs me that Nadal fans worship him so much that they hate Djoker to such a degree they don't feel sorry for him when he suffers like that. I remember some of the awful comments when his grandfather died. I can't stand Nadal as a person but I doubt he would condone such comments.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yes :sad:

But I love Stan to bits, so thinking of his achievements over the past couple of years helps the grieving process :lol:

And you cant say Novak got robbed in anyway shape or form. Stan played fearless, lights out tennis and deserved to win.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts