Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4-3 in the 4th set, first point, Rafa hits a backhand down the line, it's called out, the referee goes down and confirms that it's out. The replay with the hawk eye shows the ball in. Everyone was saying how the referee has a questionable history with Rafa, and now a very questionable cheat. Sorry but this is horrible. Wow.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Nadal has a good record in slam final with Pascal Maria being the chair umpire.

win:08WC,09AO,14RG
loss:12AO

So Nadal fans don't have to accuse him too much.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Of course he did, everytime he got out of his chair he called it in favour of Djoke. Still not enough to beat the GOAT at RG

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
4-3 in the 4th set, first point, Rafa hits a backhand down the line, it's called out, the referee goes down and confirms that it's out. The replay with the hawk eye shows the ball in. Everyone was saying how the referee has a questionable history with Rafa, and now a very questionable cheat. Sorry but this is horrible. Wow.

Yes. He did twice more on break points.
Luckily on one occasion Nadal still broke after deuce

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,190 Posts
Wasn't Pascal the guy who made some questionable decisions last year in their SF encounter in favour of Nadal?

The hawk-eye has made so many blatant mistakes in this tournament this year that I don't know what to think of today's decisions.

·
Registered
473 Posts

It's not like it matters. He won comfortably.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think he breaks 1 game, hawk eye shows down the line, advantage back to duece, still break, that is Rafa, never complain about bad luck, whereas the Fedtards shout for a net touch, a clear losing points for almost a year

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
I don't understand why people think Hawkeye is this magical all-knowing system. It has a margin of error as well. Obviously it's margin of error is bigger than the physical mark and umpire checking or else Hawkeye would be in use on clay as well. I've always said the ATP refuses to put hawkeye on clay because clear marks would show just how non-foolproof hawkeye actually is.

As to your bit about Pascal, Pascal is a great umpire who has been there for many of Nadal's greatest triumphs. IIRC Pascal gave Nadal a 2-0 advantage in the 2013 SF in the 3rd set when the all knowing hawkeye again claimed a ball was out, when Pascal said it touched the line. So Pascal is simply umpiring, not playing favorites.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
he did screw Nadal in that game considering Djokovic would have double faulted and Nadal would have broken and been further ahead

nonetheless in the end it didn't affect the match result so no huge thing. frustrating though, how can the umpire go up and appear SO certain about the call and be totally wrong? like did he even glance at the mark?

that's what worries me sometimes on clay, like the umpires don't even pay attention to new/old marks and will just take their best guess with little discretion and no one to be able to really know if they're wrong or right. I suppose this is the same with linespeople but at least a player can sort of dispute that
I just have noticed far too many times a player will point at an incorrect mark for the ump to look at and the umpire will believe them and make the wrong call. has happened in plenty of matches I've seen over time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts