Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a code for applause . The longer tha applause went, Novak went from smile to grimmace and reddened face.
Was it a "Applause of shame" for Novak's antics on Friday SF match.
I believe so.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Dumbest thread ever and that's saying something.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Reactions: SVK

·
Banned
923 Posts
It's possible. I wouldn't put it past the Frenchies :haha:

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
get a hamburger.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Idk about "taunting", but it's funny how the RG crowd will never root for Djokovic during the final, but will reserve the loudest cheer for him when he collects his runner up trophy :lol:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
People who say this thread is dumb, do not know RG audience.

Even in a Theatre performance, a long applause is considered complimentary but a very long one is considered the opposite of praise.

I know my Theatre so....
\

·
Registered
19,388 Posts

Reactions: IBM

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For somebody who is 50 and should know a bit about life I feel your thread is offensive.

If my parents had ever said something like that I would be ashamed. Was taught to respect the outcome and stand and applaud both players at matches!
My AGE is not your concern, Child.
My point is..

You are free to be ashamed of your parents..

·
Registered
40,645 Posts
Idk about "taunting", but it's funny how the RG crowd will never root for Djokovic during the final, but will reserve the loudest cheer for him when he collects his runner up trophy :lol:
th they dd root for Novak today,i thought it was pretty much on par with the Wawa cheers

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Yes, but not in a malicious way. They wanted to convince Djokovic of how much they appreciated his efforts at the French Open over the years. They didn't taunt him to insult him.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Of course not. They wanted Novak to feel how much they appreciated the fight he put up, and when he showed an emotional reaction they cheered even louder. It was clearly a sign of appreciation.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
The crowd was very good today, they cheered for underdog/ better player Wawa but support Nole as well.

May be they are so happy not to see Nadal in the final. Relaxed mood for two Swisses.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts