Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Even though I love to see him lose, it is obvious to anyone impartial that Nadal hit the ball after the call.
Soderling a set up and crushing the ball, could have easily gone hot if he won that break point. Also keep in mind this is only a year after he stomped Nadal at RG, so everyone knew was capable of the upset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fq8EuOlkIQ

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Even though I love to see him lose, it is obvious to anyone impartial that Nadal hit the ball before the call.
Soderling a set up and crushing the ball, could have easily gone hot if he won that break point. Also keep in mind this is only a year after he stomped Nadal at RG, so everyone knew was capable of the upset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fq8EuOlkIQ
Yeah, so Maria was absolutely right to give the point to Söderling. :shrug:
Nadal hit the ball before the call, so he can't pretend he was bothered when he hit his backhand.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, so Maria was absolutely right to give the point to Söderling. :shrug:
Nadal hit the ball before the call, so he can't pretend he was bothered when he hit his backhand.
lolol sorry mean't after.

·
Registered
11,883 Posts
He did hit the ball before the call ... .. Maybe he didn't finish the hitting motion yet, but the ball was on its way when the call sounded

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
He did hit the ball before the call ... .. Maybe he didn't finish the hitting motion yet, but the ball was on its way when the call sounded
what you guys don't get is that regularly when players hear an 'out!' call they tend to not bother with their follow-through. Nadal in my opinion definitely would have hit the ball in had the call not happened. I believe the call literally came after impact but not before Nadal had finished his motion

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
I thought that helped him since he got mad and started playing more aggressively from then on. He was getting creamed up to that point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts