Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Janko really do that? :speakles:

^^^

I'm not joking :p. His girlfriend made him change his 'Beauty will save the world' tattooed on him in Japanese to 'Novak...' after they won Davis Cup. I find that rather strange and odd. Still it's funny.

EDIT: Here's a link from a reputable source.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/sep/08/andy-murray-donald-young-live
The Djoker has to be an even more overwhelming favourite now though. Especially playing Tipsarevic tonight - a man who changed his Dostoevsky tattoo after the Davis Cup victory to read: 'Novak will save the world.' Overawed? Nah..." I still can't see anyone but Djokovic winning this slam.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
:haha:

Yeah, he must be reading Mishima too. And, in that fairytale...you could wipe tatoo with pencil eraser. Only if on Japanese, you write "beauty" as a number 3, and Novak with number 8, I guess.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone tell?

·
Registered
7,928 Posts

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
780 Posts
If this were actually true I'd only make their bromance more EPIC XD

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
美 means beauty in Chinese(=Japanese).
'Beauty will save the world' in Japanese : 美しさが世界を救う. You can see the letters on his arm from the pic that you posted.

These pictures were taken just before US Open and it looks the same to me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/izzieraine/6079854603/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6094357294/sizes/l/in/photostream/
Hana,
When u are here willing to help...how would you write Novak, and how Sasha?:)

And did u watch Dae Jang Geum TV series? They translated it here like "Jewel in the king's palace". It's bloody fantastic...I'm amazed...you really made art out of cooking.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Hana,
When u are here willing to help...how would you write Novak, and how Sasha?:)
Novak Djokovic : 노박 조코비치 in Korean, ノバク ・ ジョコビッチ in Japanese
Sasha : "사샤" It's a rather familiar name to Koreans, as a couple of football players whose name were 사샤 have played in Korean football league. :)

And did u watch Dae Jang Geum TV series? They translated it here like "Jewel in the king's palace". It's bloody fantastic...I'm amazed...you really made art out of cooking.
I missed a half of the episodes though, yeah, it made a huge, huge splash here back then and I heard it's being well-received by foreigners. :) The director is very well known for his works in making historical drama.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
:worship:

I saw it...I don't know 4-5 years ago...and now they are showing it on Bosnian tv. Not just cooking, whole series is fantastic.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
I guess it's one of the finest works in the history of Korean broadcasting. The story was very touching and inspiring, the show was superbly executed and the actors were great as well. :yeah:

:secret: They used a stand-in for cooking or acupuncture scene. Of course only when the camera went in for a close up of her hands. :p

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I guess it's one of the finest works in the history of Korean broadcasting. The story was very touching and inspiring, the show was superbly executed and the actors were great as well. :yeah:

:secret: They used a stand-in for cooking or acupuncture scene. Of course only when the camera went in for a close up of her hands. :p
NO?:lol:

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
There was some criticism on it, because the hands looked a bit too chubby for being Jang-Guem's. :lol: So, when they chose a double for an acupuncturist later, one of the qualifications was that hands should not look chubby. :rolls:

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
if this were true, Novak, as a good friend, would have to take janko to a psychiatrist and pay for it himslef.

·
Registered
780 Posts
if this were true, Novak, as a good friend, would have to take janko to a psychiatrist and pay for it himslef.
xD and I imagined the scene and everything LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts