Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Well worth watching. Would be curious to see your thoughts. Consensus view seems to be that the AG was way too well organized for Turkish handiwork (which was much more in the bashi-bazouk sociopathic frenzy variety) and that Germany was involved to their eyeballs.

If true, it would mean that Germany was involved in perpetrating 3 major genocides and aiding and abetting 2 others in the 20th century alone!

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
perpetrating three and aiding two? What are the others? Jews is one, Slavs another and this is aiding another? :confused:

this massacre gets forgotten which is sad, terrible moment in ww1

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perpetrating three and aiding two? What are the others? Jews is one, Slavs another and this is aiding another? :confused:

this massacre gets forgotten which is sad, terrible moment in ww1
I actually did not classify the murder of Slavs as genocide. Certainly there were crimes consistent with genocide - like stealing Polish children to be raised as "good Aryans" while murdering their parents - but I don't consider there to have been a Nazi policy of wholesale genocide of Slavs. Very likely the Nazis would have progressed to that point after getting rid of the Jews and destroying the USSR.

Perpetrated:

1.) Herero in Namibia pre-WWI

2.) Holocaust in WWII

3.) Porajmos in WWII

Aided/abetted:

1.) Armenian in WWI

2.) Serbian in Independent state of Croatia in WWII

Now, what are your views of the documentary. Positively bone-chilling how Germany's state agenda has followed a continuous arc of genocide since the late 1800s.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Jeez, I wish you weirdos would just stick to the Ukraine thread...

·
RAVE ON
18,421 Posts
Why are you so surprised? Something so important is surely prophesised in the bible somewhere, no?

I watched a few minutes until I came to the funny looking Hilmar Kaiser. I should not stereotype, but he looks like weird Al Yankovich. A bit googling shows that he is disliked by the genocide deniers and also disliked by the Armenian genocide supporters. He seems to make a living on the lecture circuit by fomenting controversy. Neither side is sure if he is a friend or foe, which is probably how Kaiser likes it.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why are you so surprised? Something so important is surely prophesised in the bible somewhere, no?

I watched a few minutes until I came to the funny looking Hilmar Kaiser. I should not stereotype, but he looks like weird Al Yankovich. A bit googling shows that he is disliked by the genocide deniers and also disliked by the Armenian genocide supporters. He seems to make a living on the lecture circuit by fomenting controversy. Neither side is sure if he is a friend or foe, which is probably how Kaiser likes it.
What a sophisticated analysis! Once you spotted Weird Al Yankovich's lookalike, the genocide discussion was over to you and you went back to re-educating yourself on CNN, BBC, NYT, etc.

I am only now beginning to accept Hegel's master-slave dialectic.

·
RAVE ON
18,421 Posts
What a sophisticated analysis! Once you spotted Weird Al Yankovich's lookalike, the genocide discussion was over to you and you went back to re-educating yourself on CNN, BBC, NYT, etc.

I am only now beginning to accept Hegel's master-slave dialectic.
Yes, his appearance and general attitude made me pause and check out the credentials of the protagonist. I do not know why you think that means the genocide discussion is over.
Should I have just accepted every word of someone I had not heard of?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts