Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the love for tennis is the main factor, How come he skip clays season and masters and only play slams and warming up tournaments for slams

I like swimming and I can't stop swimming for 1 week and Fed love tennis and he can stop playing 3 months

Is the love the main reason he plays tennis or he just wants to manage his slam count so no one can surpass him?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think more and more people realize he is speculating the slams and stop new generation to take over tennis

As long as he particulate in a sports, the resources are extremely biased for him, best schedule, best court, best draw and even increasing court speed and closing roof for him, grand slam is not indoor tournaments!

Those kind of things will finally hurt his legacy and make fans of new generation dislike him, cause he is just keep managing his 20+ slam count, whereas all young players have none! none slam count

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
If the love for tennis is the main factor, How come he skip clays season and masters and only play slams and warming up tournaments for slams

I like swimming and I can't stop swimming for 1 week and Fed love tennis and he can stop playing 3 months

Is the love the main reason he plays tennis or he just wants to manage his slam count so no one can surpass him?
It's called managing your schedule, which is something that is very important if you are 36 and want to continue playing for a few more years.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Winning is drug. Feeling that you are better than others. You cannot buy this feeling with all the money in the world. He is winnacholic.

And of course in case of Federer : winning is about slams, not about ATP 1000 or Basel tournament. Just half a year ago he won AO. In Wimbledon he met red hot Anderson and lost. Shit happens. He is trying in USO again . If someone takes out Nadal and Djokovic before he meets them, he has a chance.

Winning is drug.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Why does someone need to take out Dull for Fed to win USO? He’s beaten Dull five times in a row including on the slowest hard courts on tour. No reason why he wouldn’t beat him in New York.

Djokovic is a different story, but even then I’m still not convinced Fed wouldn’t win.

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
One of the dumbest posts on the forum. How is he supposed to enjoy tennis if he's either burnt out or injured after playing the clay court season?

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Winning is drug. Feeling that you are better than others. You cannot buy this feeling with all the money in the world. He is winnacholic.

And of course in case of Federer : winning is about slams, not about ATP 1000 or Basel tournament. Just half a year ago he won AO. In Wimbledon he met red hot Anderson and lost. Shit happens. He is trying in USO again . If someone takes out Nadal and Djokovic before he meets them, he has a chance.

Winning is drug.
"Winning is drug".

Winning is not a drug. Winning IS drug. Haha

·
Registered
445 Posts
He is still playing for his ego and slam count. When he finally won his 18th, he must have felt relieved that Nadal will not over come it but he came right back at him at French Open. If Nadal wins Wimbledon then him passing Federer will be inevitable

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
He enjoys winning at tennis, hence adjusting his schedule accordingly. You think he sat on the couch doing nothing for 3 months? Aren't almost all players taking some time off occassionaly to regroup/let some minor injury's heal etc? Hint: the favourite of most people throwing insults in this topic has been doing the same since he was a baby.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I think he is playing for the "record count", he skips the clay season to prepare for his favourite surface (grass) but this year fell short. And, now looks like Nadal will equal Federer's GS count.
Also a few months ago, he decided to play in Rotterdam with the chance to become the oldest no1.

Plus, he is also focused on Laver Cup and keen to promote his new venture.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I love how rafatards have come from their hiding to attack Roger after a bad loss, like vultures, repeating the same ideas of each other.
How many threads do we need with the "Roger is speculating the slam count" or "The crown doesn't love Riger anymore"?

·
Registered
606 Posts

I would say for both reasons. He loves tennis, but due to his age is unable to play a full schedule and win. I also think he and Nadal are obsessed with having the higher slam count, which is understandable.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I love how rafatards have come from their hiding to attack Roger after a bad loss, like vultures, repeating the same ideas of each other.
How many threads do we need with the "Roger is speculating the slam count" or "The crown doesn't love Riger anymore"?
You got that ass backwords boy. Its Fedtarts that came out swinging with crapy Threads and crapy posts.

Look it up.
If you guys keeps opening hatefull threads what did you expect us to do? Sit quietly?
Who started the Nadal vs Del Potro thread? A fedtart.

Who started a thread about destroying a coffee shop in Lisbon bashing Rafa when he didnt have anything to do with it. And you disapeard from that thread like a Coward.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I love swimming and don't like Federer, too--but I would say both--his slam count to go down as the supposed GOAT (as if one extra slam would make anyone that, including Rafa, if it ends up being him) but I know he also loves tennis. Duh.

Be careful what you suggest because if Rafa is still playing in four years and going after slams, (and I SO hope he is) posters can make the same case against him.

Federer will only love playing so long as he is on the of the best and can challenge for slams.

Also, you can't expect the alltime great to step out of the way so the younger not alltime greats can win slams. That is not sport, that is some kind of social welfare applied to sport, which is utterly absurd.

But by all means, question Federer. We need more of that, but accurate questioning. And where you before he had a big loss? Just curious ...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts