Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He spent little time on court. Full of energy for the final. Not sure this will happen again.

Was this his last chance? Discuss!

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
No. Djokovic played better than most of us thought, except for that fourth set choke job.

Federer has chances to win non-RG slams when Dull is not on the other side of the net.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Yes
Federer 17
Nadal ... who knows since now 14
:)

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Duh... if you can't win on your best surface with a challenger level draw and an opponent with a significant losing streak in finals it's pretty much game over.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Yes, he won´t probably be in another slam F and win not. 17 is his final number, now the only question is can Nole again win more slams in row and stop Nadal i think so

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've heard all this last chance stuff for quite a while, the grass level is not too good, I could easily see him make the final again next year at Wimbledon, Rafa doesn't get far enough to stop him there, who knows? :shrug:

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Sadly, yes, but I hope the mighty Swiss has one more major in him. I'm only asking for one more. That's not too much to ask.
Yes, a mere 18th slam. Peasants have asked for more.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think he'll make another slam final
Hope it'll be against Rafa when they are both tied at 17 :)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Actually no. With the way he fought he'll have more chances for sure.

No one has perfected a new stick 6 months after a decade using a different one.
The serve is there, the movement and the backhand. Actually he needed slice more instead of topspin.
The forehand needs work. Fed SUCKED on return all match and still got it to 5 sets.. that was shocking.
Dont think he wont be working on that along with forehands this summer.

Also wawa can knock out nole at us open. Fed is getting to semis in us open for sure this year.. besides miami he's made finals, wins, and semis aside from the rome shocker.

GOod things ahead for fed. His game is finally back on track and he wasn't at his absolute best either. He served well but taht was about it. ALl credit to nole though.

Expecting deep runs from fed in the next us open, aussie open, and wimbledon... semis at least.. and anyting can happen then..

1 - 20 of 155 Posts