Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judging by Djokovic's win against Federer in Masters 1000 tournaments this year, and today's result, breadstick notwithstanding, you could ask this question yourself. Did Fedal decline, did Djokovic up his game, or a combination of both?

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Djokovic is not better than he was in, say, 2011. if you have to ask whether or not 33 year old Federer and grinder 28 year old Nadal have declined then clearly you don't watch a lot of tennis (because even a blind person would know the answer was yes)

·
Banned
923 Posts
The former.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
A Combo, Roger can still def Nole in best of 3 at fast courts with a jesusfed servingday.

Fed.s decline isn't near as bad as Nadal's though. Fed will prob still play tennis when Nadal retires.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Are you serious? Djokovic was great today for sure but Nadal was a shadow of himself. And don't get me started with Federer. It will happen to Djokovic aswell in 1-2 years.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
No1e is just too good.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I know Djokovic is a beast but come on... Do you really think that Nadal being ranked n°10 is because Djokovic improvements? And Federer is the oldest he's ever been obviously!

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He is too good. Nadal only led the head to head because Djoker 1.0 was around so long. Fed has declined yes, but he beat pre peak Nole as well.

But bring on the Dull fan whining. 3 sets! Haha.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Federer and Nadal have most certainly declined. There is absolutely no question about that.

·
Registered
40,645 Posts
When Fedal were at their prime,young Djokovic was still nowhere near his best,i'd say bit of both

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Djokovic is not better than he was in, say, 2011. if you have to ask whether or not 33 year old Federer and grinder 28 year old Nadal have declined then clearly you don't watch a lot of tennis (because even a blind person would know the answer was yes)
Personally I'm also for the former. Nadal in his prime would probably be the one doing the straight setting! :p

If this was a BO3, excluding the last set, you could say the Fed x Nole and Nole x Nadal matches this year went about in a similar way, though Fed could still win in conditions that best suited him (Dubai).

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Djokovic was better in 2011. Fedal are just too old and out of shape.

Only The Kokk can save tennis now. :lol:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Fed and Rafa both had declined significantly. Fed especially in movement and forehand. Everybody can see that. No-one is able to match Nole at the moment, but I don't think Nole is now better than he was in 2011. That year he would have won the CYGS if he didn't face an inspired Federer in the semis at RG. He'll have another chance this year with his rivals severely declined.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Federer and Nadal obviously declined. Djokovic is playing really well, maybe not at his absolute best but not far from it.
Nothing more to say.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
novak is same as 2012 novak, but the competition declined

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Djokoking is destroying peak Fedull on their best surfaces right now. Just incredible to witness.
If you are going to troll at least make things credible, even remotely plausible. You tried too hard and failed harder. :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts