Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excerpt from today's Novak interview:

Q. At the end of last year, obviously the best player was Federer. Is it a concern for you that he was the best at that time?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Of 2011?

Q. Yes.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, he finished off the season best from all the other players. He had over 15 wins in a row. He definitely loves playing indoors. He loves playing in the London event. But, you know, it's a whole new year. It's a whole new season. We're starting to play outdoors. We'll see if everybody can keep up.

To me it sounds smth. like: let's see if the old man can still keep up with us...

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
If he did good for him .......but no....how many times did Fed say the same thing for Murray or someone else?

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
He challenged everyone, not just Federer.

·
Premium Member
21,474 Posts
Nothing more than stating the obvious, new season and back to square one for everybody, Djokovic, Federer and the rest of tour alike :)

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Everything he said is very correct and very polite...
It is very correct but not very polite.
Make no mistake, I dont have any problem with that. You dont need to go out of your way and be "nice" to your competitors. "Nice" gets you nowhere.
As someone said above, Federer has often made statements like that. And its very true too. What goes around, comes around

I am sure Federer accepts Novak is the man to beat too. And its a new season and everyone will have reset.
But yes, while Djokovic did say "everyone", I am sure he was basically thinking about Federer foremost. Two reasons. Fed is the man who finished last season with a flourish and supposed to be the top 4 member in the best form and two, Fed is the guy Djokovic will have even slight reservations when facing.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Nope sorry. Don't see it as a provocation to Federer.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Nope sorry. Don't see it as a provocation to Federer.
Me neither. But I bet if it was the other way around I am not so sure Nole fans would be thinking the same way. :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,674 Posts
nothing to see here :zzz:

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: But, you know, it's a whole new year. It's a whole new season. We're starting to play outdoors. We'll see if everybody can keep up.

To me it sounds smth. like: let's see if the old man can still keep up with us...

To me it sounds like "We are starting a new year now. All new. Last year is in the books." (that includes his own past season)

It's a good view because one dude will defend more than everyone else up to RG. It ain't Federer...

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts
another non-thread

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Clutching at straws to make Nole look bad, I see.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Me neither. But I bet if it was the other way around I am not so sure Nole fans would be thinking the same way. :lol: :lol:
this man speaks the truth. :yeah:

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
I think when Novak said "Let's see whether everyone can keep up", he meant "let's see whether everyone can keep up with EACH OTHER", not "whether everyone can keep up with ME

1 - 20 of 78 Posts