Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People often say that Daveed would of won a slam in another era but the fact of the matter is Daveed is a minnow basher.He is not as unlucky as people make him out to be.In fact he has been lucky with some easy draws and instances of draws opening up to go with his vulturing of tournaments with the big 4 being absent/unavailable/injured.

Reactions: Method Man

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
He's pretty much exactly as succesfull as he should be imo. He deserved the master even if he was somewhat lucky to get it in the end.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
possible but still not as overachiever as Australian mug named Hewitt.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
He would have won a RG if Peak Nadal wasn't around. Definitely IMO. I think he fulfilled his potential though, he's an unbelievable athlete and hard worker and alright he's not the most naturally gifted on tour but massive respect to him for working so hard, hopefully he's not finished yet

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,046 Posts
He's maximised as much as he possibly could with his game, even with help of draws and seedings, what not.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
What's the obsession with putting certain players to different era's and then to dance and run around that and make assumptions?

He did the max. he could get in his era, the only thing that is real, basing his performances mostly on stamina and speed.

Easy to judge player he is, why make it worse and harder by putting him to other era and stuff?

Just leave it as it is, if you are bored then just do other things.

Do bears shit in the woods:confused:
Does Bear Grylls grills bears in the woods?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
No. He maximised his potential and talent.
Which is what overachieving means :lol:

He also benefited a lot from Nadal's absence post Wimbledon 2012 which gave him a top 4 seeding in most big events.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
yes, we get it. Hewitt underachieved with 2 slams and 80 weeks at no.1 in weak era while Ferrer underachieved with 0 slams.

·
Registered
54 Posts
He should have at least one clay masters. The rest is ok, i think. Though i gues if he played in 1997-2003, he would have had a slam to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts