Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this recent Adria Tour fiasco, did Belgrade lose a chance to host a slam?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
a slam???

Reactions: cpbdea

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Adria Tour would have been a good initiative, if not for corona and the way the players and staff acted during the event. They're paying the price for not acting responsibly.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a slam???
With USO being highly risky, with Wimbledon canceled, and with Roland Garros's selfish misbehavior, also with Spain being hit hard by pandemics, what would be a better candidate for hosting a slam that Djokovic's city?

·
Your visions will happen
52,921 Posts
Lol the whole thing was a big middle finger to COVID

Full stands, no masks, no distancing. Hugs, kisses, basketball, shirtless dancing in club all night long, etc. Surprised they didn't shower together too. They basically broke every single rule we've been observing last 3-4 months and we see what happened

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't think that we are capable of holding a 250 tournament, to be honest. But nothing corona-related happened in Belgrade.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think that we are capable of holding a 250 tournament, to be honest. But nothing corona-related happened in Belgrade.
Our Chinese friends can help financially, and build the whole complex in a month if necessary.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Serbia Open in Belgrade, with Djokovic family as the hosts, failed miserably.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts