Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
19,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kudla was leading 6-4 5-3 when an official came to announce that Kudla had the COVID
Official gave the rule: if Benchetrit wins the ongoing game, he wins. If Kudla serves out the match, he wins the match. Kudla won that game, making it 64 63.
But question: is he automatically out of QR2? What about contacts with opponent + umpire + ???

·
9,507 Posts
Wow. 2020 breaks back and levels the match

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Has Cerundolo also tested positive? The AO website has given Vilella Martinez a W/O into QR3.

If the news about Kudla is true, then it seems highly likely that the winner of Copil and Sweeny will go straight into QR3 as well.

EDIT: AO draw just updated, Kudla is out, winner of Copil and Sweeny moves to QR3

·
Registered
11,765 Posts
Oh damn, this sucks massively. Hope Benchetrit didn't catch it.
That's great news for Copil, if he could just fucking beat Sweeny. He was never going to beat Kudla.

·
Registered
82 Posts
what a freakin joke. are you kidding me?. how was he not disqualified immediately. moreover, how was he even allowed to play the match

·
Super Moderator
12,307 Posts
Hard to understand how this is possible, with so little reported cases in the area :censored:

Must have arrived with it, I'm sure that is going to catch the attention of Australia :poop:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
What a successful organization of AO Qualies by Doha!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
great publicity stunt for the atp.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I heard a rumor AO will announce if anyone in the crowd sneezes during a match, the whole tournament will be canceled. Any truth to this rumor?

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
Ridiculous.

Just let him play with it, morons.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
What an absolute mess. I thought the whole point of the tests was so that players would only play if they test negative. And then if he was informed before winning of course Benchetrit should move through (even if he didn't really deserve it). Plus now Benchetrit and the ball kids (are there any?) plus possibly others have been exposed. But as someone else here said, it also goes to show how ridiculous the hysteria surrounding this virus is.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts