Mens Tennis Forums banner

How much Denis will rise

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enigma of player. On his day can trouble top guys, but career highest ranking is 33 and he has zero titles. Leo Mayer is nearly top-20 and his power game is much more erratic. Istomin is like more calm and more talanted version of safin with worse movement. I think he will rise in near future like wawrinka did in 13. Watch out, if this guy puts his game, health and head together he can be dangerous top-15 player.

·
Administrator
9,539 Posts
Where is the option 'Will rise, reach top 50 and leave mom's basement'?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Istomin will certainly not rise. He is a talented player, but missing in some fundamentals like movement and compactness of stroke. He also appears not to really care about tennis that much to put the effort in..

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Enigma of player. On his day can trouble top guys, but career highest ranking is 33 and he has zero titles. Leo Mayer is nearly top-20 and his power game is much more erratic. Istomin is like more calm and more talanted version of safin with worse movement. I think he will rise in near future like wawrinka did in 13. Watch out, if this guy puts his game, health and head together he can be dangerous top-15 player.
I don't think he is more talented than Safin. Also, he may be calm in that he doesn't yell and act out like Safin, but Istomin tends to choke and is not, overall especially mentally tough. I wouldn't consider someone who chokes a lot to be "calm"

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Yes he will rise. "Top-10 and deep run at slam (sf or better)"
Here is the proof. The perfect game:

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
God, some people are so dumb, posts like this always pop up when a player has 1 good tournament :haha:

i guess 1 good tournament means player will be number 1 in the world

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
God, some people are so dumb, posts like this always pop up when a player has 1 good tournament :haha:

i guess 1 good tournament means player will be number 1 in the world
Its not about his Nottingham run. I think he has the game to be in top-20. The second part of the season is usually better for him.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Denis has more going on than just tennis. He is a good man and overcame steep odds against him to make the ATP tour. Doctors once said after his serious car accident that he would never play again. Just proving them wrong is a victory in itself. This isn't about a single tournament or rankings. It is about a man who fought for his life. He is a winner in that respect. I still think good things are in store for Denis.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
He's a great ballstriker, solid tecnique, never got why he isn't doing better. at least a 250 he surely deserves

1 - 20 of 39 Posts