Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread yet, so I may as well start one.

I was actually in the audience for this one, since the tournament is like 30km away from where I live (Nijmegen). After some mandatory muggery in the first set, it was refreshing to see Grasse clutch it out in 2 tiebreaks in the final two sets, in a high-quality encounter given the stage of the tournament and the opposition (Mugo Humbert). At one point I wanted to cheer on Haase with a very loud "Come on, Roger", but the missus talked me out of it - no point in distracting him, he's enough of a mug as it is.

The venue seems a little too small, but at least the courts were in great shape (I know, it's only the first few days). Since they only allow you to reserve seats for Centre Court, getting into one of the other courts is a bit of a free-for-all.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I gave up on the match because I thought Robin was going to be defeated :banghead:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I watched this match and thought to myself that the atmosphere created by the 30-strong Haase fanclub was better than what we saw for Djoko-Thiem at RG :D

Were you one of these gekke hollanders, @Nortius Maximus ?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Humbert served lights out for quite a bit of the match. He had a big opportunity to break Haase in set 2, with even a smash but he couldn't finish the point. Haase played two great tiebreaks.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Pretty good win for Haase. Normally, he loses close matches like these.

Round two seems to be a must-win so that's nice for the Dutch Destroyer.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Haase coming back from a set down to win it in two breakers. Hell fucking yeah. Good that after a tennis formality (Nadal winning RG) we get to see a tennis anomaly. That's why Haase tarding is the best. You never know when that sweet cherry will be on your plate. He's already forgiven for self imploding in the next round after throwing a tantrum on court.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts