Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

“We ask it in the name of the monotheistic God… God known by many names and by many different faiths. Amen, and awoman,” said Mr Cleaver, a representative from Missouri and an ordained United Methodist pastor.
It comes after a committee proposed changes in house rules to “honour all gender identities”, and eliminate gendered words like "mother," "father," "he," and "she" in favour of gender-neutral terms.

Conservative blogger Matt Walsh wrote: “Dems open congress with a prayer that ends “amen and awoman.” Amen is a Latin word that means “truly” or “so be it”. Awoman is a nonsense word that means nothing. Dems find a way to make everything stupid and nonsensical. Utter clowns, all of them.”

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
How does gender-neutral terms work in regards to mother and father? That would just be confusing as hell for a child. How can a little child call for their favorite parent after they have taken a dump to come a wipe their ass?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,305 Posts
Yeah that prayer ending is weird.

I get inclusivity by saying "brothers and sisters" but amen has nothing to do with gender.

·
Registered
426 Posts
How does gender-neutral terms work in regards to mother and father? That would just be confusing as hell for a child. How can a little child call for their favorite parent after they have taken a dump to come a wipe their ass?
It doesn't work. It's completely unnatural. And it's all by design "confusing as hell for the child".

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Dems sinking to the level of SJWs and feminist activists, nothing less is expected from them.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Have some clewomency with Ewomanuel Cleaver. I assume he doesn't know Hebrew.
E-manu-el /עמָּנוּאֵל means "God is with us" in Hebrew.

I am only sure in one thing: God is not with feminists and those social justice warriors who try to mime them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts