• Tiafoe

• Pospisil

• Other

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
9,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a 5 horse race...

Murray showed enough winning 4 sets out of 4 v Evans and Norrie that he could challenge.

This Is the best conditions for Pospisil who has one of his best title opportunities right after his last best opportunity.

Raonic as top seed is prob also fav here...will need tie breaks to beat him prob.

Opelka like Pospisil will probably have his fav conditions here and will feel at home in USA.

Tiafoe is one of the best non serve bots in the tourney and also has a good serve too when firing.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Probably Raonic or Opelka

·
Registered
431 Posts
Most likely Raonic but could also be Pospisil. Would be awesome if they square off in the finals. Raonic hasn't won a title in 5 years, and Pospisil still seeking his first.

Also, how did you include Tiafoe and a semi-retired Murray and not Nishikori?!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Most likely Raonic but could also be Pospisil. Would be awesome if they square off in the finals. Raonic hasn't won a title in 5 years, and Pospisil still seeking his first.

Also, how did you include Tiafoe and a semi-retired Murray and not Nishikori?!
Because Nishikori isn't playing. 😜🤪🧐

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Oh really? My bad then, I was pretty sure I saw him on the palyer's entry list on their website last week.

In that case winner will prob be 1 of Vasek/Milos/Opelka
😎 All good me boy, i've learned over the years that official websites are usually the worst or last best sort of information, which is sad, but that's the bloated information service era we live(d) in.

Anyway, I do believe Kei tweeted/instagrammed/whatever that he just wants to concentrate to be as fit as possible for the Aussie Open.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Murray seems to have withdrawn from Delray Beach or is in very serious doubt — his name disappeared from players list on the tournament website and so did the announcement of his R1 match, it was advertised as January 8th feature match but is now replaced with Tiafoe's.

Update: His withdrawal has just been confirmed but is assumed to be NOT fitness related.

·
Registered
17,801 Posts
where is the draw

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
im going with Opelka, surely this has to be a big chance for him

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
It's a pity that Murray withdrew. I was really looking forward to seeing what sort of level he was at, especially after his encouraging showing in the British exhibition.

·
9,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a pity that Murray withdrew. I was really looking forward to seeing what sort of level he was at, especially after his encouraging showing in the British exhibition.
I guess we both support Pospisil now so. So little supporters we might get in to his box?

Reactions: Snowwy

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I guess we both support Pospisil now so. So little supporters we might get in to his box?
Absolutely. Surely he's a decent chance to actually win his first title here.

Reactions: NextGenKing
1 - 20 of 28 Posts