Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t believe there was no thread. What happened in this match??? I wouldn’t have expected such a lopsided score. Did anyone see the match??

·
Registered
17,320 Posts
Yes, inexplicable result.

Some comments?

·
Registered
17,320 Posts
Tiafoe is still young, gonna take awhile for him to find consistency
Tiafoe is older than Humbert, comment makes no sense.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Humbert was playing very well, both on offense and defense. Tiafoe’s forehand was actually decent but the backhand was a bit inconsistent and it seemed like Humbert couldn’t miss at times.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Tiafoe's consistency hasn't changed much in the last 3 years.
Wow, the oxymoron-ness of that statement is legendary! Well played sir.

Reactions: Slasher1985

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,891 Posts
I've really wanted to see Tiafoe raise a gear on the tour but it just hasn't ever gotten close to happening (and that even with the AO QF result in 2019).

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Expected outcome. The moment Tiafoe runs into an above-average opponent he's in for a beating. Have you seen him in interviews? This brute has no intellect whatsoever, no matter if we are talking about on the court or away from the court. There's a reason he's been pretty much the only top100 play in years who stopped playing a point because he thought he won the exachange instead of checking for what is actually going on. A very simple man we have here. He'll never make the top20.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Humbert looks poised to have a good year; think his earlier win over Kecmanovic was more noteworthy, despite the impressive scoreline here. Tiafoe, however, seems to be spinning his wheels - though not for the 'reason' in the dogwhistle post above.

Reactions: ps14mn18
1 - 11 of 11 Posts