Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matosevic was up 4-2 in the first, 4-1 in the second and 5-3 in the third on serve, he had two match points (40-15) on serve at 5-3. In the tie break he was leading *3-0, and *6-5 (served a double fault), 7-6*. At 8-7 he finally served it out.

2 h 53 m, 12 double faults from Matosevic!

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
Delray Beach SF: [q] Marinko 'Muster 2.0' Matosevic hammers Dudi Sela 57 64 76(7)

matosevic the mighty had two match points and got tight serving at 40/15 and 5/3 up in the third... sela breaks, holds, then sela sets up another 3 bp's on matosevic's serve at 5all... matosevic fends them off like the seasonal tour pro he now looks... marinko the great holds as does sela easily... matosevic then goes up a third match point which he blows with a df at 65...

doesnt matter... with his renown thomas muster like mentality he finds a way to win on his 4th mp...

too easy...

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Re: Delray Beach SF: [q] Marinko 'Muster 2.0' Matosevic hammers Dudi Sela 57 64 76

Epic. Incredibly bad match yet at the same time very entertaining.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Ridiculous match, funny celebration and I guess Sela was annoyed with that celebration so that's why there was no handshake :shrug:

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Re: Delray Beach SF: [q] Marinko 'Muster 2.0' Matosevic hammers Dudi Sela 57 64 76

Matosservic!

Filo V spewing atm.

·
Registered
19,315 Posts
This match was pure shit
Sela saved 2mp at 3-5* and missed 3bp at 5-5 which i think were virtually 3mp judging by Matosevic's awful body language
Choke after choke after choke. The bigger choker lost in the end

One of the worst ATP SF ever

Edit: I think Matosevic was happier with this win than Federer was after he won his first GS

·
Banned
912 Posts

no handshake of any kind

in fact, Sela was not even pictured again after the last shot hit the net

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

Interesting, Matosevic has already won 7 matches and gained 162 ranking points, plus previous challenger triumph it is 242 already.

What a way to change your start to the season, after losing everywhere in 1st round.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Re: Delray Beach SF: [q] Marinko 'Muster 2.0' Matosevic hammers Dudi Sela 57 64 76(7)

Matosevic at 6-5 2nd serve, I was like "I'll bet $100 he double faults now" :lol:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Re: Delray Beach SF: [q] Marinko 'Muster 2.0' Matosevic hammers Dudi Sela 57 64 76(7)

I don't really care...............I'm actually OK with it, because as MM's reaction showed, he wanted it extremely badly, probably more than Dudi. He isn't top 100 even with this result so it's meaningless.

The ending was as nervy and abysmal as it gets. I knew Dudi was mentally weak, but for him to not accept the choke MM was handing him is very poor form. This was really giftwrapped for him to take and he simply couldn't do it. Huge missed opportunity.

MM has improved his groundstrokes but I still don't think much of his game. Every dog has their day, I guess.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts

Pretty amazing what winning a few games against Hass can do to your confidence.

Ajde.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts

I don't really care...............I'm actually OK with it, because as MM's reaction showed, he wanted it extremely badly, probably more than Dudi. He isn't top 100 even with this result so it's meaningless.

The ending was as nervy and abysmal as it gets. I knew Dudi was mentally weak, but for him to not accept the choke MM was handing him is very poor form. This was really giftwrapped for him to take and he simply couldn't do it. Huge missed opportunity.

MM has improved his groundstrokes but I still don't think much of his game. Every dog has their day, I guess.
Dudi needs it, he needs to be top 50 for Israeli Olympic cut-off.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

Amazing tennis. Suck it to massive Aussie haters like Filo V. :shrug:.

·
Registered
829 Posts

with 12 doubles faults you can't win against Isner/Anderson, you can't take set

1 - 20 of 42 Posts