Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strong in set 1 and 3. Serve was kinda ass in set 2 but recovered nicely and returned pretty fucking well. 3 breaks today.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Well done, i thought he was done after the 2nd set but recovered nicely. Hit some great backhand slices.

Early nomination to Pablo Andujar for sportsmanship play of the year after conceding a point after a double bounce on game point, a game he eventually got broken. More than 90% of the tour would have just walked to the chair as if nothing had happened.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I thought Ivo’s baseline game was pretty good for his standards.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Serve has finally been fixed. His drop in ranking last 2 years was mainly due to his serve being trash often only hitting 5 aces in two sets.
His serve was pretty dildo in set 2 but was firing well in the other sets. 27 aces in 3 sets is pretty damn good overall.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done, i thought he was done after the 2nd set but recovered nicely. Hit some great backhand slices.

Early nomination to Pablo Andujar for sportsmanship play of the year after conceding a point after a double bounce on game point, a game he eventually got broken. More than 90% of the tour would have just walked to the chair as if nothing had happened.
Andujar has a very sleep inducing style of play but gotta give him credit on the sportsmanship and he seems like a nice guy

·
Registered
59,351 Posts
Andujar has a very sleep inducing style of play but gotta give him credit on the sportsmanship and he seems like a nice guy
He could really crush a forehand on clay 10 years ago but he seems to have lost some power.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,304 Posts
really? You don't remember this match?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
really? You don't remember this match?

Well he was good there but today, he was absolutely wepaonless. His serve is complete tittymilk and he couldn’t even hit 1 ace against a player that can’t get balls 3 feet away from him.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Any Karlovic win without TBs should be considered absolutely dominant.

Reactions: Matthieu

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
I can't stand Karlovic at all (neither his personality, nor his gamestyle and his other shenanigans), but respect him for sticking around above 40 and still competing.

·
Registered
17,892 Posts

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Ten years ago I asked Karlovic on Twitter until when he thought he could play and he said 50. Dude wasn't trolling

·
Registered
175 Posts
Could not be happier for Dr. Ivo. Great guy off the court, always friendly and approachable. I enjoy Andujar, nice to watch:cool:. Ivo could get to the quarters in this event, not a bad second round draw. We shall see, keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
The doctor will see you now

1 - 20 of 39 Posts