Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ATP match, first win for the most talented American since Sampras and Agassi. Future Grand Slam winner for sure, I'll keep saying it.
Fritz or Norrie next.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I agree with @enlightenedth 99% of the time. The only exception is when he's talking about Nakashima, who is a mug imo. I mean not the ubermug, but not Sampras or Agassi. More like Johnson, Mmoh or Tiafoe. He might win some 250 somewhere and that's it. I watched from 3-3 till 7-6 and had to quit, Vesely was dumb, probably still on hangover after Pune.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Havent't watched a second of his tennis but I am a brandon Nakashima fan because his name makes him sound like a Metal gear solid side character. Being a proffessional tennis player is just his backstory before joining the Diamond dogs

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
The last US college player to win singles slams was Johnny Mac, so I would be surprised if this kid were to do that. That being said, he could still have a decent career like an Isner or Johnson.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I agree with @enlightenedth 99% of the time. The only exception is when he's talking about Nakashima, who is a mug imo. I mean not the ubermug, but not Sampras or Agassi. More like Johnson, Mmoh or Tiafoe. He might win some 250 somewhere and that's it. I watched from 3-3 till 7-6 and had to quit, Vesely was dumb, probably still on hangover after Pune.
I disagree. I think Nakashima can be better than those guys. He's had less than half a year of real pro-level experience but he looks like he's been playing much longer. Very solid. It's gonna be fun to see how far he can go this year.

·
Registered
888 Posts
First ATP match, first win for the most talented American since Sampras and Agassi. Future Grand Slam winner for sure, I'll keep saying it.
Fritz or Norrie next.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Fritz or Norrie next.
Interesting, haven't watched him yet so you would say he has more raw talent than Brian Baker?
Also Frances Tiafoe is very talented and has underachieved so far.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Interesting, haven't watched him yet so you would say he has more raw talent than Brian Baker?
Also Frances Tiafoe is very talented and has underachieved so far.
But Tiafoe is never gonna achieve truly great things with his wack as ass forehand technique. Top players know how to pick on it and break his entire game down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts