Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Korda continuing in stride.

Any comments by those who watched?

Didn't see anything but the end, Kwon making too many mistakes from 0-30* on, and apparently made many mistakes throughout, as Korda served below 50% firsts in the second set.

Hoping Kwon's grunting on big points won't become a theme, its kind of an ongoing grunt well beyond his shot. He clearly does it to settle nerves but still.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Basically came down to a few key moments. Kwon 1/6 break points, Korda 3/4. Korda raised his level at the right moments, which Kwon did not manage to do. Kwon was unlucky with a few shots that dropped back off the net cord.

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
9,496 Posts
Kwon was playing great but Korda clutch and served well. When they landed they were lethal

One thing i noticed is he doesnt move out of the way well when ball comes directly at him. He will hav to sort that but delighted my client won

·
Super Moderator
12,293 Posts
Korda started quick , 11 consecutive 1st serves in, but still struggled to hold every game in the first set.

In the second set didn’t serve nearly as well, but actually played quite a bit better in rallies .

I thought it was a pretty entertaining match , Both played well at times and also played like it was their first match of the year, with some easy shots missed .

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
That was a good match, Kwon is so quick on his feet, it is really eye-pleasing. Korda has all the attributes to be a Top50 player. Still raw sometimes and makes easy mistakes, but has the physicality and game reminding me a bit of Zverev

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Did Korda use serve and volley effectively?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts