Registered
4,074 Posts
Re: Delray Beach SF: Isner stomps Tomic 6-3 6-2

I give up.. this was just pathetic

·
Registered
4,379 Posts

When Isner breaks you 4 times in 2 sets you know your serve sucks.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Huge John!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts

The Future GOAT got broken 4 times by an all-serve bot. This guy is a real deal.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts

You and I can break his serve with that speed
I actually think five years ago I probably could, lol.

Tomic was constantly floating easy balls for Isner to crush, or making dumb errors. Was kinda funny tbh. He played one good game in the first set to break, and that was it.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I actually think five years ago I probably could, lol.

Tomic was constantly floating easy balls for Isner to crush, or making dumb errors. Was kinda funny tbh. He played one good game in the first set to break, and that was it.
The thing that really surprised me was that he couldn't handle Isner's slice. He kept hitting it into the next. Is John known for his slices?

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Target practice for Isner. Isner can hit through these slower courts and Tomic could not. That is why Tomic is overrated; he lacks the dominating weapons from the back of the court required to do damage to the very best on all surfaces.

Keep on truckin' Big John.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Expected. Isner wasn´t serving so great, his FS statistics were pretty bad... but was able to backup his 2nd serves. Tomic sucks-his serve i think is very bad for his height, if i am not mistaken he is 1.98m the same like Hanescu - he is up there with him - thehy should be firing aces and unreturnable serves all the time, but their serves sucks... Tomic wasn´t even effective with slicing, if his slice is not bothering Isner then there is nothing he can do, because his ROS is bad, movement bellow average and serve how i mentioned sucks.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Come on NOW JOHN

Go for title

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Yass Jizzner :D

·
Banned
3,862 Posts
Ha,ha.Giant John spanks that annoying/ugly brat.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
the scoreline suggests that Bernard wasn't feeling well... 2 games in the second definitely says the virus gained momentum sometime early in set 2...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Tomic is playes like top 20 right now..perhaps on some surfaces sneaking into the top 10. But fans are not really talking about how he plays right now, because they expect him to get better.

With young players, there is often that possibility that they could develop into something special. Most often it just remains a possibility, not a reality. You would not think anyone would be saying he is a good as a Federer or a Djokovic... it is more that some people are hoping, against the odds, that he will become that good.

Today suggested there is an awefully long way to go!

Tomic's serve can get better- as people have pointed out he has the height. He can and would expect to get stronger giving more weapons. But will he develop the mental strength to deliver match after match? That seems the biggest question!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts