Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
57,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomic looks like a Futures player these days. He won THREE points in set 2, against someone who would lose three points to a 10 year old.

It was hella raining that last game but neither Gulbis nor Tomic wanted to have to stop at 5-0

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Ernie is my favourite so very happy to see him reach another MD after qualifying for Aussie Open. But what the hell, Bernie??! I know he's known for tanking but is it really that he just doesn't care or are there some inner demons we don't know about? That was sad to watch.

·
Registered
13,400 Posts
Why is Tomic even bothering to travel around the world to tank like this? It would be one thing if he was in main draws and making money but he is not. Bizarre.

·
Registered
13,400 Posts
I should also note that Gulbis made his previous resurgence as a player here at Delray in 2013 when he won the entire tournament as a Q ranked outside the top 100. Something worth watching.

24 Posts
The Ernie & Bernie show never fails to deliver. 56 minutes of simply exquisite tanking at its finest. Say what you will about Bernie still not nearly as bad as Bernabe Zapata Miralles blowing a set & 5-2 double break lead against Ivashka earlier today in Marseille qualies. Still kicking myself for not live betting Ilya at +3924 at that point cuz I kind of had a hunch the choke was inevitable.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I saw Tomic vs Nakashima some two weeks ago and I really do hope that Bernie ends this miserable performances and quits tennis forever. He is currently probably the only player in Top1000 - I would be able to get from a game or two. It was sooooooooo bad......

24 Posts
I saw Tomic vs Nakashima some two weeks ago and I really do hope that Bernie ends this miserable performances and quits tennis forever. He is currently probably the only player in Top1000 - I would be able to get from a game or two. It was sooooooooo bad......
Be that as it may the guy still won 4 titles Including Bogota both times he entered it while everybody's favorite indoor hardcourt GOAT Krajinovic remains titleless losing a Masters 1000 Final to a guy with currently 0 ranking points.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
So how did he win 61 63 yesterday in windy conditions?
A look at the results of his opponent (who got in as ALT after Taro Daniel withdrew) might help to solve that mystery.
Before losing 1 and 3 to Tomic he lost 3 and 0 to someone named Alen Avidzba in Naples (M25), before that 1 and 4 to someone named Alexander Ritschard in Palm (M25) and so on. In short: He's hardly a professional tennis player.

·
Registered
26,059 Posts
A look at the results of his opponent (who got in as ALT after Taro Daniel withdrew) might help to solve that mystery.
Before losing 1 and 3 to Tomic he lost 3 and 0 to someone named Alen Avidzba in Naples (M25), before that 1 and 4 to someone named Alexander Ritschard in Palm (M25) and so on. In short: He's hardly a professional tennis player.
With quite a good ranking though. lol @ "someone named", as if Avidzba is some unknown player. Ritschard is quite known as well..

Also, Istomin hasn't been that bad the last few weeks, so that win last week was a shock.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
He is losing money mate, by losing in the quallies all the time.
Costs are not being met.
im pretty sure the last quote was related to match fixing :D I highly doubt that though..

However, FQR pays 3K before tax. He made the same amount last week. Living in Monte Carlo he hardly pays tax, he does not pay a coach and those domestic flights in the US won't cost that much as well. Hotels are often paid by tournaments and during his short term stays he probably won't spend too much money unless he goes out partying before/after his matches. That - I don't know :LOL:
So I am pretty sure he has still made small profits the last two weeks playing like shit..

Without a doubt the end of the road is in sight especially with the clay courts approaching. Don't believe he's gonna play those Asian HC Challengers..

·
Registered
41 Posts
im pretty sure the last quote was related to match fixing :D I highly doubt that though..

However, FQR pays 3K before tax. He made the same amount last week. Living in Monte Carlo he hardly pays tax, he does not pay a coach and those domestic flights in the US won't cost that much as well. Hotels are often paid by tournaments and during his short term stays he probably won't spend too much money unless he goes out partying before/after his matches. That - I don't know :LOL:
So I am pretty sure he has still made small profits the last two weeks playing like shit..

Without a doubt the end of the road is in sight especially with the clay courts approaching. Don't believe he's gonna play those Asian HC Challengers..
The guy genuinely looked depressed today - appeared on the verge of tears in the second set
He should take a break, he isn’t well mentally right now

1 - 20 of 42 Posts