1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
59,347 Posts
all that work to get to a breaker, then one of the worst tbs i've ever seen

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Can we just cancel this tournament somehow? That was cringeworthy.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Sexderson :D

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Both guys were very nervous at the beginning due to different reasons: Matosevic because played his first ATP final which seemed impossible a couple days ago, Anderson because all of a sudden was a huge favorite to win the 2nd title. Anderson should have won quicker, but stayed cool counting on a tie-break. I hope he breaks into the Top 20 before Wimbledon.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Great stuff, nice to see some other guys than the usual suspects take titles. My kudos to both of them.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Great stuff, nice to see some other guys than the usual suspects take titles. My kudos to both of them.
I mean this is Delray Beach, unusual people win it pretty often....

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Poor match really. First five games were all breaks. Marinko making poor errors, and Anderson killing his 2nd serve. Kevin was serving like garbage too.

Pretty much the more solid player won in Anderson. Doesn't go for much, looked better when he was defending, counter-punching, but good aggression on 2nd serves. Marinko is more of the entertaining one, with some nice shotmaking, but way too inconsistent. WIll be interesting to see how they both back up these runs.

The tournament is a pile of shit though - having the National Anthem before the final, followed by incessant advertisements at each changeover with shitty music, and then some cheerleaders after the first set - surprised no-one committed suicide in the crowd.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I mean this is Delray Beach, unusual people win it pretty often....
Yep, but still Isner was there, as was Roddick (to name some examples), and still they didn't manage to make a dent. The fellows who did manage to reach the finals were the ones to deserve it.

Good for tennis this result. Nice to see fresh names being a a final and one of them taking this title. Good job Kevin! :yeah:

·
Registered
19,315 Posts
It should've been much more easier but it's good
Well done Kevin :yeah:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Poor match really. First five games were all breaks. Marinko making poor errors, and Anderson killing his 2nd serve. Kevin was serving like garbage too. QUOTE]

It was extremely windy at the beginning of the match, which I think made it difficult for both of them. Add to that the nerves both might have felt and that makes it even more difficult. Yes, the start of the match was pretty average, even poor, but overall there was some good tennis played. Kevin should have done better on the break points in the second set (he was a little passive), but credit to his opponent for fighting for it all the way.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Matosevic was tired from yesterday and didn't have his legs under him. I give him credit for fighting, but his game is ugly to watch overall and I find it very unlikely he'll ever duplicate runs like this on any consistent basis at this level.

Kevin wasn't great but served well enough, returned pretty decently, and was more consistent. Good title for him, didn't play his best throughout much of the event but found a way to take the title. Will give him a lot of confidence headed into IW/Miami.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Matosevic is a mediocre server. It's improved but it's too mechanical, not enough rotation and extension. Until that improves, he's going nowhere really. Yeah, he can hit flashy winners, he's improved his consistency to some extent, but that's really about it.

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
The tournament is a pile of shit though - having the National Anthem before the final, followed by incessant advertisements at each changeover with shitty music, and then some cheerleaders after the first set - surprised no-one committed suicide in the crowd.

:lol: true enough, it's grotesque...

fortunately the excitement machine that is matosevic gave the crowd what they wanted which is extreme excitement which significantly reduced the risk of suicide

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
Expected, the future GOAT wouldn't want to tarnish his CV with a Delray Beach title. I mean, try as it may, its no Newport.

Ajde.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts