1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My man

2nd "250" and 2/2 in finals.

Started from *1-3, but all went smooth and easy since then

Hubi was really solid, no real flash, but all shots solid 7/10 (maybe except serve, which was 10/10 - 78% 1st and 100% 2nd was just wow ). No single Top100 player beaten en route to the title, but fuck this, noone will remember that and you play the cards you were dealt.

Korda injured, took a long mto and surely looked not 100%, something was bothering him all the time (groin possibly). But the kid has bright future and we will see him in Top50 soon, he just needs some experience

·
Bring it Home
20,487 Posts
Korda probably would've won if he wasn't hurt. Bad luck.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Korda was injured and it clearly affected his game, a lot of UEs and DFs. So it's shame we couldn't watch better quality match.

Hubert was solid, very good returning and BH. Those slow hardcourts are taylor-made for him. But I'm still not impressed by his FH, for me it's quite horrible shot like Paire's and it won't let him be a top player. So I don't understand why he plays forehand from the backhand side, when it's a weak shot and he's vulnerable for a counter-attack.
Anyway, thanks to that doubles win in Paris Masters he plays with more confidence, it's also very important to win matches. Hopefully he will not lose a plot in next tournaments and will raise his level. Good luck. :)

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
Well done to Hubert. Much deserved 2nd title of his career. 👍

Great effort from Korda too to reach the final. Unlucky he caught an injury (wishing him speedy recovery) but even if healthy he could have easily lost to Hurkacz.

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
At least finished the match unlike Bublik.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
This was not the result Korda hoped for but he will take the positives from the week and is well on the path to top 5 in the world. The process is being trusted.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just watched highlights of this match and honestly I just find Hurkacz to be so boring. Don't get me wrong, hes very good. Great mover for his size, solid backhand, doesn't make a lot of errors but there's no real weaponry in his game just sort of pushes/massages the ball around the court. Congrats to him and I expect him to have a solid top 20/15 career but I just am not a fan of his game at all. Korda did look a bit hampered out there, hope he can get and stay healthy as I feel he has a very big upside if he keeps improving.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I just watched highlights of this match and honestly I just find Hurkacz to be so boring. Don't get me wrong, hes very good. Great mover for his size, solid backhand, doesn't make a lot of errors but there's no real weaponry in his game just sort of pushes/massages the ball around the court. Congrats to him and I expect him to have a solid top 20/15 career but I just am not a fan of his game at all. Korda did look a bit hampered out there, hope he can get and stay healthy as I feel he has a very big upside if he keeps improving.
He is boring af, no doubt about that. Even his coaches at practice try to get him to play closer to the baseline...but still you mostly see him pushing from way behind. I respect his progress, no question about it. First time I watched him play was years ago at a Romanian challenger vs De Greef (if I'm not mistaken) and I thought "damn, this skinny kid is really bad". He couldn't make more than 3 or 4 shots without an error then, it was Karlovic-like. His serve was still decent tho. So to go from that to where he is now, I give him props. But he's still a boring pusher.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
He is boring af, no doubt about that. Even his coaches at practice try to get him to play closer to the baseline...but still you mostly see him pushing from way behind. I respect his progress, no question about it. First time I watched him play was years ago at a Romanian challenger vs De Greef (if I'm not mistaken) and I thought "damn, this skinny kid is really bad". He couldn't make more than 3 or 4 shots without an error then, it was Karlovic-like. His serve was still decent tho. So to go from that to where he is now, I give him props. But he's still a boring pusher.
I guess it makes sense if he couldn’t keep the ball in play he would evolve into a pusher.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts