Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delpo aggravated his knee in the first set. Not the surface you wanna be playing on a bum knee against a human gnat of an opponent who wants to Hingis the ball around the court until you make an error. Delpo could be bombing out here.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Yeah I saw his footwork wasn’t the best anymore also he let quite a few balls fly past him he could’ve easily reached out to. Was wondering if there was something wrong with him

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Oh dear, another injury for the gentle giant. This is for one reason only - he's too thin for his height and his joints are under tremendous pressure. Almost all of his injuries are joint injuries - wrist, knee and something else I can't recall. His body just can't do this any longer for any sustained period of time. Other players at risk for the same are: Tsitsipas, Zverev, Medvedev, and FAA. Although FAA isn't as thin as the other three. They all need to bulk up in order to avoid Delpo's fate.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Oh dear, another injury for the gentle giant. This is for one reason only - he's too thin for his height and his joints are under tremendous pressure. Almost all of his injuries are joint injuries - wrist, knee and something else I can't recall. His body just can't do this any longer for any sustained period of time. Other players at risk for the same are: Tsitsipas, Zverev, Medvedev, and FAA. Although FAA isn't as thin as the other three. They all need to bulk up in order to avoid Delpo's fate.
This is not a new injury. He fell in Shanghai and fractured his kneecap. Can happen to anyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts