Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrist injury again. ARGG. Not good news.

So Toronto fans miss him again. It's been 2012 since he last played. Will he be around in 2020? Hope so.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Definitely not the right time for an injury, especially this close to the US Open. I wish his body would hold up and let him play

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Uff......

the timing of this is just. Ugh. Hopefully he'll be ready to go in Cincinnati again.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Doesn't sound like he will be ready for serious damage at the USO. Things like these are usually good predictors for things (not) to come. This sucks.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Get well, Juan! :hug:

Who's the lucky loser?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,608 Posts
That's sad news, and I'm annoyed Kei couldn't even make use of the slight opening :facepalm:

Isner is the biggest beneficiary, could make SF from this quarter.
Get well, Juan! :hug:

Who's the lucky loser?
Youzhny.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
I wonder how much of n injury it can be if he just needs a few days of rest in theory. Maybe he's just tired primarily or saving himself for the slam.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
That's sad news, and I'm annoyed Kei couldn't even make use of the slight opening :facepalm:

Isner is the biggest beneficiary, could make SF from this quarter.
Actually Haase may well be the biggest beneficiary, he made the SF in Canada last year beating Dimitrov and Schwartzman, and he could repeat it now that he doesn’t have to face his master Delpo.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
By the way, Doctor Berger who operated Delpo a couple of times lives in Minneapolis, so I guess, that Delpo will have a check there on his way to Cincinnati as it is not that far (around 2 hours by plane from Toronto and to Cincinnati), we will probably know more in a couple of days.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I wasn't sure to begin with why he would play Los Cabos anyway. Now, one can only hope for the best.

Meanwhile, Youzhny gets a helping hand for his aim to finally get to 500 ATP career wins so he can retire in peace. Haase might just be the kind of guy he could get a win against.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I feel bad for Delpo, Haase is sooo lucky to play a semi-retired Youzhny.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
As he didn't pull out from cinci, it's sounds not like a big injury, precautionary measure mostly.
Also he might feel that playing 4 b2b week wouldn't be safe, it's also a probable reason.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts