Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Good ridance. Those are the ones advising him last 2 years? He needs guidance.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,385 Posts
Good ridance. Those are the ones advising him last 2 years? He needs guidance.
No excuse for DelPo playing infiltrated, he's a grown up and should have decided to stop playing and take surgery right after he realised the injury wasn't healing.

·
Premium Member
11,539 Posts
Sidelined del Potro stops working with coach, trainer

Juan Martin del Potro has stopped working with his long time coach, Franco Davin, suggesting that it will be some time before he returns to the circuit from yet another left wrist surgery.

The 2009 US Open champion has played just two tournaments this year, in Sydney and Miami, and only played four tournaments in 2014. Davin began coaching del Potro in 2008. Del Potro has also split with his trainer Martiniano Orazi.

The Argentine had a second wrist procedure following Miami. He has yet to say when he will return.

“I wanted to tell you that Franco and Martiniano are no longer part of my team,” he wrote on Facebook. “I'm really grateful for the years we've worked together and I wish them the very best. I'm also thankful to their families for their warm support that goes beyond tennis.”
If he ever does come back it's going to be a long time. :sad:

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Re: Sidelined del Potro stops working with coach, trainer

He's waiting for Nole to stop dominating.

·
Bring it Home
20,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Franko Davin will be coach to Dimitrov.
Wouldn't a surprise, since Dimitrov and Delpo trained together a lot in the past.

I know Davin refused to coach Murray last year though.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Looks bad for delpo :sad:. Still though he has been with Franco since 2008. Would be nice to have a change if he came back and a new technique to the way he hits the ball on that dodgy wrist so he doesn't hurt it much again.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Going to miss seeing Franco's beautiful OHBH at Indian wells. Bad move by Delpo

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
He's waiting for Nole to stop dominating.

Not a bad idea. I was thinking about this the other night. Delpo should wait out this injury, try to rehab very slowly. Wawrinka and others are proving you can get better and stronger with age. Delpo likely will never be the beast he became in 2009, but his best chance of doing it is by waiting it out and building his strength slowly. His natural tennis ability will be there if he can take his fitness to another level while off the tour.

But it's a very steep climb for a tall man like Delpo, and someone who prefers a lot of match play to get into rhythm.

Franko Davin will be coach to Dimitrov.

That would be a good idea for Grigor, perhaps. Anyone with a hard-work mentality and ability to strategize on court. Obviously Rasheed was not known for the latter.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts