Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Like in my Acapulco thread, these ongoing knee issues are career threatening and I think he'll take as long as Wawrinka with that problem.

His fate and Wawrinka's one are closer connected than I thought @Stan del Potro

·
10,284 Posts
This was one of the biggest reasons I bought tickets to Indian Wells.

I'm devastated, as is the rest of the tennis world.

This probably means he will be out for most of 2019...

·
Administrator
6,073 Posts
Defending champion out from the tournament. Missing this tournament a bigger blow for Del Potro's season than AO since it's one of his best tournaments. Last year was the first essentially full season Del Potro had played in years, obviously too much to hope for that he'd be able to play another one.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Sad will be the day that we know is inevitable, when the mighty Tower of Tandil has to prematurely quit tennis because his body no longer can obey his commands. Delpo may be on the senior circuit by 2020 at this rate. Hope this guess is very wrong by about five years. Bless you Delpo.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Such a shame. I really think he needs to be play a very condensed scheduled moving forward but even then it just will be about managing his body.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Damn, this does not bode well for him at all.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Oh man, I'm so disappointed for him, I thought we'd finally see him back in action. I hope he can get better for clay.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Bad news for the tennis world. Delpo is struggling time and again. Hopefully he'll be fine by summer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts