Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TAB has 2014 champ Del Potro who has one wrist at $5 and 2013 champ Tomic the Tank Engine at $7 to win the title.

Who is your favourite in what is an extremely open field?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Del Potro, Kyrgios and as a long shot Chardy...think these have a good shot

·
Delicious
3,560 Posts
Had a good chuckle at this title m8.

Tomic to defend.

·
WOAT Predictor
7,007 Posts
Seems these bookmakers know very little, backing somebody to win their first tournament back after 11 months out is just ludicrous. (and I like Delpo btw - a great ambassador for the sport).

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
favourite? no way...

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
If Janowicz can bring his first set level vs Isner minus the chokes at the end he will win Sydney. Mark my words!!!
Indeed mate. Jizzner serves are pure gold, but if he manages to defeat him he will be one of the players with the greatest chances IMO.

·
Registered
33,358 Posts
Indeed mate. Jizzner serves are pure gold, but if he manages to defeat him he will be one of the players with the greatest chances IMO.
Janowicz lost in 2 sadly mate. But he was great first set apart from at the end. Almost twenty winners and 2 or 3 UE's 80 serve percentage but let himself down with a couple of DF and a bad drop shot. But this was a lot better from Janowicz.

·
Delicious
3,560 Posts
kyrgios or del potro.
Kyrgios is only the favourite to Australians who are absorbed by Kyrgios' 'New Era' commercials.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kyrgios is huge talent with a bright future but he only ever shows up for grands slams. The only QF he ever made was Wimbledon as big as it is. He needs better tour results week in week out.

·
Registered
62,555 Posts
It's a terrible field, simple as that. Top seed is tanking prone and possibly injured Fognini on hard. I'd probably consider Goffin the very slight favorite, but not ridiculous to think del Potro can win.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I don´t understand this bookies, here in Slovakia Delpo has better odds to win in Melbourne than Ferrer, Raonic and Berdych i just saw it and was like yes sure... he said himself he feels pain, he is loosing easily practice matches to other players he is coming back after almost a year he will loose to Stahkovsky i think, anyway this tournament is wide open. Goffin, Kohli, Bennetou,Tomic even Klizan and Querrey can go far - not win, but have good result. Janowicz, Kyrgios playing each other but winner can go far. Janowicz, Kyrgios or Bennetou are 1st time champions so this tournament is wide open with possible 1st time winner on the tour. Honestly i like such tournament this small 250s with wide open field, with no top player supposed to win easily, such events have many great matches and great stories for champion

1 - 19 of 19 Posts