Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nico wasted a MP and lots of BP... so this should be the end of the season for him. I bet he's not gonna remember 2007 with pleasure:eek: ... congrats for JMDP!

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

21 aces for JMDP who went unbroken. Nico :hug: . I like them both so it's too bad only one could qualify for the main draw. Good luck in the tournament Juan Martin! :bounce:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Re: Paris qualies: JMDP beats Nico Massu 6-7(5) 7-6(3) 6-3

Good effort but Nico, but as usual for this season, he couldn't pull out a tight match.

Good luck to JMDP in the main draw!!!!

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

Doesn't matter. Massu will probably make the main draw anyway.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts

Why? Doesn't he have a 1/6 chance, given that LL is drawn randomly? Or has the draw already been made and he is first LL?
Only the GS do it randomly. The ATP does it on ranking.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts

Only the GS do it randomly. The ATP does it on ranking.
Are you sure? I was under the impression the rules were changed earlier this year so that it is random.

·
124,503 Posts

Are you sure? I was under the impression the rules were changed earlier this year so that it is random.
Well the King got into Madrid and he was the highest seed in the qualies that lost.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts

I was at that match - just popped back to the Hotel for a coffee because it's sooooo cold in there. The court is built over an Ice Rink and that match was too long to sit there - I'm frozen! Massu actually played better than I had expected him too - gave us JMDP supporters more than a few scary moments. He just seemed to lose concentration/focus a little in the end. I don't think he really believed in himself or the fact he could win the match. JM played well though and served better than usual. Now time to thaw out.

Reactions: Jimnik

·
Registered
11,530 Posts

Well the King got into Madrid and he was the highest seed in the qualies that lost.
You may well be right. However, King getting in is certainly not conclusive proof, just because the highest ranked can get in doesn't mean it is always the highest ranked to get in.

I thought I heard somewhere that from now on the four highest ranked losing qualifiers would have a name drawn out of a hat to see who gets the spot.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts

I thought I heard somewhere that from now on the four highest ranked losing qualifiers would have a name drawn out of a hat to see who gets the spot.
It's only for Grand Slam :)

·
In hiding.
19,116 Posts

You may well be right. However, King getting in is certainly not conclusive proof, just because the highest ranked can get in doesn't mean it is always the highest ranked to get in.

Lucky losers get drawn in ITF events, i.e. slams, whereas it's still based on rankings in ATP events.

·
124,503 Posts
Acasuso will probably get in then as he is the highest ranked loser.

Good for del Potro to qualify into the MD.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Nico :sad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts