Banned
9,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which slam win is more impressive?

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Del Potro!

Nole was expected as he is number one right? Juan was number six.

He also dropped less sets.
THIS SAYS EVERYTHING enough of other bullshit blindtards

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
del potro, clearly.

man, that was some ass whooping :spit:

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
del potro lost less sets than djokovic? didnt they both lose 4?
only counting semi and final, del potro lost 2 sets in final while djokovic lost 2 in the semi and 1 more in the final

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Delpo :worship:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
ohh, oops. I guess the "which slam win is more impressive" in the original post made me forget about the Federer/Nadal focus of it...sorry. Carry on!

·
Registered
29,204 Posts
Imo Del Potro, that came as a bigger surprise for me. Plus he was a lot younger.

Huh... just realized, Fed should have won that 09 final... and the 2011 SF too. :facepalm:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Del Potro, obviously. Was a lot younger, ranked lower, took more sets in total from Fedal.

There are two stunning similarities in their victories, though: both Del Potro and Djoko took their rightful advantage of a Fed completely losing it mentally. And both gave Nadal no chance whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I think Djokovics was more imressive.

Whilst Fed had 2 match points, Novak really was the better player in that point in time and deserved to win the match. There was nothing Fed could do in the last 3 sets he was totally outplayed.

Del Pot Smoke on the other hand, took advantage of an injured Nadal, and a monumental choke from Federer.

Federer choked that 09 final away. Delpo would have beaten Nadal anyway, but Nadal wasnt great on hardcourts in end of 09. The caliber of pay from Nadal and Fed overall was much greater in 2011.

Reactions: asmazif

·
Registered
17,608 Posts
Both were impressive in their own way. Djokovic, because he came back from 2 sets, a break and match points down, and del Potro because he was never the favorite to begin with.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts