·
Registered
27,372 Posts
No one cares about 40-15 mate.

Reactions: Phillo

·
Chaos Theory
56,577 Posts
Undoubtedly the Wimbledon final outcome. I don't subscribe to GOAT debates but I'm sure the ones who do will be looking back on what could have been.

·
Chaos Theory
56,577 Posts

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
40-15 sadly

·
Registered
406 Posts
Unfortunately it's 40-15, Roger was one well-placed serve away from beating Rafa and Novak back to back (for the first time ever in a slam) to win a 9th Wimbledon and 21st grand slam title

Oh wells...I guess some things just aren't meant to be

·
Registered
502 Posts
It's hilarious how often 40-15 is brought up as a huge negative when nothing could be further from the truth. The Wimbledon final was truly a defining moment for Federer's legacy. Just to get there, Federer had to defeat Nadal, continuing a remarkable turnaround trend in their H2H. Then incredibly Federer at virtually 38 and Djokovic stage the most epic Finals match in their history, and Roger comes within a hair of defeating Nadal and Djokovic back-to-back. An incredible moment for Tennis further cementing Roger's greatness.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
40-15, happening again after 2012 USO farce.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.