·
Registered
27,241 Posts
No one cares about 40-15 mate.

Reactions: Phillo

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,534 Posts
Undoubtedly the Wimbledon final outcome. I don't subscribe to GOAT debates but I'm sure the ones who do will be looking back on what could have been.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,534 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
40-15 sadly

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
40-15 without a doubt as that has been brought up everyday since it happened. Kyrgios’s meltdowns as well as they were insane and he also got a record setting fine.

·
justice for all
15,104 Posts
including the shoe handling business.
Stef's shoe rummage is up there with the best too. Once he got rid of that ATP Finals title was a formality (unfortunately at the cost of Domi).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unfortunately it's 40-15, Roger was one well-placed serve away from beating Rafa and Novak back to back (for the first time ever in a slam) to win a 9th Wimbledon and 21st grand slam title

Oh wells...I guess some things just aren't meant to be

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's hilarious how often 40-15 is brought up as a huge negative when nothing could be further from the truth. The Wimbledon final was truly a defining moment for Federer's legacy. Just to get there, Federer had to defeat Nadal, continuing a remarkable turnaround trend in their H2H. Then incredibly Federer at virtually 38 and Djokovic stage the most epic Finals match in their history, and Roger comes within a hair of defeating Nadal and Djokovic back-to-back. An incredible moment for Tennis further cementing Roger's greatness.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
40-15 which lead to Rafa in only 1 behind Roger
I still think that the 5th set of the USO F was so crucial for Rafa.. he could have lost the match easily but somehow he manged to win it

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Fed adjusting his headband is bigger than anything the supporting cast do. The man is just so much bigger than any other tennis player. Bigger than tennis itself in fact.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
40-15, happening again after 2012 USO farce.

·
6,473 Posts
Kyrgios having fun in Washington week
And the Acapulco week!
Up partying and drinking until 4am every morning, and he still won the tournament!
40-15 was overrated, even if a great result.
Nole winning his 7th AO to become the standalone AO goat was more impressive.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts