Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
14,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This must be a really joke. Nadal on Suzanne Lenglen at his first match of the tournament. 8 time and defending champion!

I mean every top player could play one match on Suzanne Lenglen, that's not a problem. But not putting defending champion on first choice court in the first round match? Don't ever say me "he's playing Ginepri bla bla bla..." Because Djokovic is playing another joke Joao Sousa and he's on the PC.

I mean, really, how Roland Garros can do this to 8 time champion and best Roland Garros player ever. Ah, i forgot that they were French.

·
Registered
14,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's really not anything different with novak-joao. ginepri is worse but joao is bad enough, too. both will win easily.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
French have always been a joke, I don't think Nadal is surprised any more with their pathetic efforts to put him off.

Just do what you do best Rafa, make them suffer and collect #9

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Disgraceful towards favourite Ginepri :eek:

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Don't ever say me "he's playing Ginepri bla bla bla..."
Well that's the obvious reason :lol:

As you said, every top player has to play outside PC at least once and for Nadal this is the best chance :shrug: In the 2nd round he'll play Mathieu/Thiem so either a local guy or a young talent, then it's Gabashvili probably and a match against Gabashvili it's indeed more interesting than Ginepri

And from there on there's no need to even explain myself

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
that is pretty bizarre. I mean it's rare that a defending champion doesn't play on center court in their first round the following year, LET ALONE an 8 time champion

the French are bitter and never liked Nadal anyway. whatever. :wavey:

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Roland Garros should be downgraded to Futures level and replaced with Mallorca F as a punishment.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,392 Posts
he complained about the court in Chatrier so...

1 - 20 of 170 Posts