Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This revealed the spying activities China does in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Australia.
Very big news as he's probably the first Chinese spy who defected publicly.

·
RAVE ON
18,876 Posts
Since everybody knows that this is how the Chinsee Communist Party operates, it will probably not be considered newsworthy, just further confirmation.

Apparently they have also infiltrated Canadian Universities and monitor the activities of students.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since everybody knows that this is how the Chinsee Communist Party operates, it will probably not be considered newsworthy, just further confirmation.

Apparently they have also infiltrated Canadian Universities and monitor the activities of students.
I've heard analysis about this is all in preparation of international sanction of China. Apart from the Aussie news, there's news from the UK about a former staff member of the UK embassy being tortured while he was on business trip in China, and news about US proposing to pass the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act recently.

·
RAVE ON
18,876 Posts
I've heard analysis about this is all in preparation of international sanction of China. Apart from the Aussie news, there's news from the UK about a former staff member of the UK embassy being tortured while he was on business trip in China, and news about US proposing to pass the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act recently.
The US Senate already passed the bill, almost unanimously. But Trump has said he will veto it, because a trade deal with China is more important.
And signing it would hurt his imaginary chances of getting dirt on Biden.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The US Senate already passed the bill, almost unanimously. But Trump has said he will veto it, because a trade deal with China is more important.
And signing it would hurt his imaginary chances of getting dirt on Biden.
We know the bill is for the US to gain an upper hand in the trade talk with China.
I have a tiny hope of seeing it getting signed by Trump though, but now isn't a right time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts